Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I guess it just takes two people wanting something . $510.00 for a very common texaco sky chief supreme pump sign-- thats crazy!!!! ebay item # 200666955354

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Not saying this auction is but there has been a lot of shill bidding eBay recently....newly listed items jump to twice there market value on the first day...don't believe what you see....if you watch eBay petro items close you should know the shady sellers they are very noticeable

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
time for me to list some signs...lol

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There have been a couple of the small 8 X 14 7/8 signs that have gone for that much and more. wonder if people are confusing th em??? I saw that and thought the same thing that JE daid...Time to sell the whole darn collection.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Kind of along the same line, this Texaco globe is going for way too much IMO. Ebay item # 140626853356 . I MIGHT see it if both lenses were present and it were like brand new, but it could be that the bidder is a newbie to the hobby and is going a bit overboard on the price. Hard telling, but I too get suspicious when things bring this kind of money.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, some of these prices are good for more than a few laughs. Here is a Tidewater sign that, IMO, is just a taaaaaaaaaaaad over priced.... LOL # 230693204313

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO he needs to move the decimal point to the left a couple digits on the tidewater & that might be a little steep..

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The Texaco is on my watchlist. When it first came on it had a reserve. The seller in his description said he was sentimentally attached to it so he didn't know what it was worth. The buyer has only bought a couple of things and probably thinks he is getting a good deal. So much for not knowing what you are spending your money for. Oh well we've all spent to much for something we have wanted. Mitch

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The high bidder on the Texaco sign has 88670 feedbacks...the underbidder has 11. That caught my eye right away when I checked this out.

Too bad Ebay is so unpredictable...one sign can go for $500 and the next day a even better one will go for $150. Very frustrating in trying to sell on there. Reserves usually kill bidding and they are costly. I think people just start bidding on something and just like the on site auctions it is more important to "win" than what they pay.

Jim

Last edited by Mr.Wadhams; Tue Nov 01 2011 05:55 AM.

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved