Next Thread
Print Thread
P
prowl1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Would one of you guys be able to explain this. Last weekend I ran across a gas station display. One of the pumps mounted to their island was a Fry 117. I noticed it had the gallon markers on the inside of the cylinder which caught my eye because the Fry that we drug home from an auction this summer shows indications of the markers being inside as well. The pump that I saw didn't have the typical Fry markers, but they looked like they were from a Rush. The marker rods were held in place with clips which fit in between the cylinder and the cylinder rings.
Were Rush markers ever used on a Fry pumps? Anyone ever ran across this type of set up on a Fry?

Thanks,
Ryan

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This has been discussed a few times, there are a number of these out there, converted 5 gallons to 10 gallon using the fry rush combination. A number are found in the midwest/ok/texas area. A

Scott Wright
I bet the pump was Rush on the top and Fry 117 on the bottom. I have one in my driveway just like it. It was 1st visible I purchased then restored. It even has a brass tag stating
Model Fry by Rush Mfg Co.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
If my memory serves me correctly, Fry was bought out by Rush and the aquiring company rebranded all pumps. They apparently used and fabricated the remaining Fry stuff into a version of Rush? After the warehouse was empty, they went back to their designs. This is the story that I have heard many times. If not true, it seems practible? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved