Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201379 Wed Sep 01 2010 08:06 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
This is more of a question than anything else,but I don't know where else to post it.I'm working on a display layout of small promo items such as salt and pepper shakers,coin banks that look like oil cans,transistor radios that look like gas pumps or batteries and other stuff like that.

I don't really collect those items so just a few will do,maybe 5-6 sets shshakers,10-12 coin banks and a couple of radios.The more common stuff like Esso,Texaco and Phillips will do for my purposes as long as they are in good shape.

Realistically,what should I expect to pay for that stuff when I'm looking for them all at once?I've looked at Ebay but that stuff is one at a time.

Any other ideas?I've already got rain gauges,license plate toppers,key rings,ash treys,Red Crown valve caps and a couple of my better maps in there.Thank you for your thoughts.

If this post belongs somewhere else,will someone just move it.

Old Iron #201390 Wed Sep 01 2010 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well i can help on shakers... $5-$1200. I know that is a large difference from high to low but like signs or cans or globes it all depends on what you want.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Jarvis #201419 Wed Sep 01 2010 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I would think eBay would be the best place to learn values...are you looking for someone to sell you a group of stuff in one transaction, and give you a volume discount?...not sure how you could arrive at an expectation of what to pay, there's too many variables...

...I say, look on eBay for what you want...make note of what those items sell for, get an average price for each item taking condition and shipping costs into account, and then when the seller comes along who happens to have exactly what you're looking for, do the math and make an offer...

...not trying to sound flippant, but to try and find a seller who has all of these items and wants to sell them inexpensively will be harder than shopping over time and looking for bargains...remember, any bulk discount would likely be offset by the time spent by the seller amassing the collection you're looking to buy in one fell swoop...what you're looking for is common enough and you will find it at a good price if you spend them time looking for it...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #201485 Wed Sep 01 2010 07:09 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
OLD IRON:
PM sent. Thanks...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved