Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132903 Wed Feb 25 2009 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This has come up before, but this REALLY horks me off!!!! I bought something on e-bay. I immediatly received an e-mail from the seller.... Thank you, Your order will be sent soon, Blah blah blah...... Then the kicker!!!!! "Feedback will be left for you after I have received feedback from you".....

Forum rules, prohibit me, from saying what I feel. The fact is, I PAID for the thing, within MINUTES, of the auction ending!!!! Why, do I need, to stroke their ego, BEFORE I get MY feedback?

(Stroke their ego, is being used, instead of, "Loving their beast of burden") Modereator, please delete that if its inappropriate.

What is WRONG with this? I am SO horked off, at the whole e-bay thing right now!!!!!

I replied, that, as the buyer who paid immediatly, I do NOT leave feedback first. I paid for it! Thats a POSITIVE experience. Therefore, I should get POSITIVE feedback.

I think the whole e-bay thing need some serious reform!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Thunder II #132914 Wed Feb 25 2009 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HA HA, Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I've had a few sellers Beg for feedback from me 1st. Gee do they really want me say their packing S**ks! Box was 3X to big for item. Loose packing peanuts won't keep cast iron from moving inside box, etc etc.
Even Jesus tied his arse to a tree & walked a mile !
Jeff is Horked the same as Torked ?

Dick Bennett #132938 Thu Feb 26 2009 05:12 AM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Thunder 11........ Looks like it doesn't take much to get you all worked up......take a chill pill and calm down..... in the whole scheme of life is "ONE" insignificant feedback really all that important..... just don't leave the seller one and get on with your life.

huskybob #132939 Thu Feb 26 2009 05:40 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
First of all they can't leave you a Negative even if they wanted to! hahaha Ebay has stopped sellers from doing so!!!!!
ONLY buyers can leave negative!
A nice fat NEGATIVE will teach them a valuable lesson and make you feel a little better also!
The seller is supposed to leave feedback once they ship!!!
The buyer is supposed to be TRUTHFUL about the experience...

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
tomzcollectiblez #132956 Thu Feb 26 2009 07:24 AM
I dont understand why a seller would want to wait to leave feedback after ebay changed everything. Like Tom said, sellers can only leave positive feedback, why wait?

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #132979 Thu Feb 26 2009 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Like Dick said. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who "bristles" at these emails, lol. Jeff go ahead and let it out, better than having a heart attack. From personal experience I can say they really are no fun, LOL. I sent you a PM.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #133001 Thu Feb 26 2009 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Silver Bullet Thunder, Silver Bullet wink

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
st.rod #133059 Fri Feb 27 2009 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I understand both sides of the fence. As a seller you are afraid of negative so you want to see how the buyer feels. If you are an upfront seller no worries and if you are a sane buyer no problems. Ebay does state seller should leave feedback as soon as it is shipped. I have two accounts one for selling and if I ever get a negative oh well and one for buying. As of now both accounts have 100% I have never left a negative for a buyer even when one time they gave me a bum check and finally paid after 60 days. As for sellers I have gotten items with different pictures, not in good condition as described, poor packaging and sent two weeks after I pay. For them I leave nothing. I have learned to be a lot more calm as I get older and older or I would have had a heart attack by now. Drink two beers and take two aspirin and it will all be good. HAGD. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved