#112760 Thu Apr 26 2007 05:34 PM
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
eBayers,
Did you guys receive an email from eBay about the new feedback changes coming?? Note that "shipping time" will become part of the rating for sellers. To me, this sucks. Who has control over the postal system, UPS and FedEx?? I see problems ahead...

Feedback System Changes
Buyers will soon be able to leave Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) on four aspects of a transaction: accuracy of Item Description, Communication, Shipping Time, and Shipping and Handling charges. In addition to the current overall positive, negative, or neutral rating and comment, DSRs will appear on the Feedback Profile page after 10 or more buyers have left them.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah this is going to be interesting. Sounds like you can give poor feedback in those catagories and still give them a positive overall feedback. Also how about sellers being able to give additional feedback on buyers like communications, timely payment, ect??

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Seems like ebay is trying in all the wrong places. I don't like to complain or be negative, but it seems they are doing stuff just to do it and not addressing their real issues. Just my .02 worth of advice.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most seller's Don't leave Feedback till Buyer does. WHY ?
Or email when item[s] were sent !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just my .02 worth. I have purchased items on ebay,I don't sell, and they never showed up for weeks. Once I file the complaint, I received the item(s) in 3-4 days. These sellers try to use the dodge that the USPS must have lost the item for a while. This has happened atleast 10 times in the last couple of years, each and every time the postmark on the package has read sent on the day I filed the complaint or the day after. These are the people ebay is directing this directive towards. Will some honest people get hurt, unfortunately yes. But I think that the buyers who give bad feedback would give it for some other reason. Like I said just my .02 worth.
Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Bob,
Your complaint is directed at lazy eBay sellers. I'm concerned that bidders may blame the seller if the item is not delivered promptly by the carrier. Here's the eBay qualifier stated in every auction...

*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. This information is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and holidays. Note that transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.

I solve the whole problem by only entering feedback AFTER the bidder. As a seller, I explain to the bidder that his feedback indicates that he is happy with the item and the transaction is complete. I will then reciprocate the feedback. I refuse to be held hostage to negative feedback for circumstances beyond ny control.

Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paul, there are some bad apples on both sides of the ebay conversation. It is not always the buyer who tries to hold up the seller, as it isn't always the seller holding up the buyer. One only has to go to the ebay blogs and read about seller feedback disasters as well as buyer. It seems to run pretty close 1:1. I myself, have been threatened by some of the sellers. Telling me that they will give me neg feedback, if I tell the truth on how they sent my package. I consider myself honest, I will give neg feedback only if any problems can't be settled. It seems to me that you are jumping to a conclusion before anything has been done. Sooner or later I will get that first neg, I know it will happen. I pay for an item within minutes of the auction end. I contact the seller if there is a problem, just as I would want them to contact me. Like I said, not all people whether they sell or buy believe the same as me. The honest buyer will always be honest, same as the honest seller. And a dishonest person will always be dishonest. In my humble opinion, I believe you are painting with a rather wide brush and paint is flying in many directions. Just the way I read it. Not trying to cause you a problem, just looking at things in maybe a different way than you right now.
Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Up to now I have strictly been a buyer on e-bay, I always pay within at the most 8 hours of the end of the auction and usually much sooner. When researching a members feedback, quite often I find if one gets a negative then he will usually leave a negative as revenge. Now how honest is that? The reasons for the revenge negative are usually very weak and obvious what they are, so all are held hostage by a policy which was implemented with good intentions but executed poorly. I understand there are nightmare people out there who will never be pleased so I guess I don't know what the answer is, but I will read both sides if I can. Sorry for the rant, I actually started going off on the USPS too but I deleted it, I should save that for another day....broken globe...bent signs...can't track.....not our fault....

Ed
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Ebay needs to force the seller to leave feedback as soon as the item is paid!
Then the buyer can simply be honest and NOT have a negative feedback held over his head!
That is the ONLY way for honest sincere feedback to be left...
Lastly...If a jerk needs a negative??? GIVE IT TO HIM!!! Don't be scared to get one! Just explain THEY were a deadbeat so you gave them neg and got one in return...
Life goes on...

[This message has been edited by tomzcollectiblez (edited 04-27-2007).]

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Archer: "I actually started going off on the USPS too but I deleted it, I should save that for another day....broken globe...bent signs...can't track.....not our fault...."

Actually, 90% of the time damage is the sellers fault due to poor packing. If an item is packed properly and damage occurs, there will be ample evidence of damage to the box. Try making a claim for damage when the box shows no damage and see how far you get.

Tomz: "Ebay needs to force the seller to leave feedback as soon as the item is paid!"

That's total BS!! Why should anyone be FORCED to enter any feedback for anything?? It's always been personal choice.

As a seller, I'm not going to be held hostage to an unreasonable or dishonest buyer who threatens negative feedback with fictitious claims and/or demands.

[This message has been edited by Pablo (edited 04-27-2007).]

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Pablo, Thats my whole point! OVER HALF OF ALL FEEDBACKS ARE NEVER EVEN LEFT!!!
Thus, people that got stung by someone ONLY reported it half the time...
If you hold feedback after they paid then YOUR in the wrong(In my opinion)!
IF you properly described, packed it well and shipped timely then you should have NOTHING to worry about!
IF someone threatens you OR tries to hold a negative over your head then SIMPLY turn them in!!!
I have had people use feedback as a weapon or tool several times! I just turned them in and told them so...Feedback Bribery is a serious offense and will get them kicked off immediately!

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
The claim on the globe was denied because they said the damage didn't occur while it was in their custody, the carrier wouldn't deliver it to me because it sounded broken, so I had no possession of it, which would suggest the buyer shipped it broken. Not likely but certainly possible. I believe it was not packed well enough, but the Postmaster told me that without a "fragile" label on it he himself would "toss" it. I'm thinking to myself "if all packages were handled as fragile, then we may not be having this conversation". In reality the USPS uses allot of third party carriers and it is impossible to maintain complete control of the operation.
The seller and I worked out a deal and all was OK in the end. No negatives, I understand things can happen and that's just the way it is.
The feedback issue is certainly controversial , perhaps a "time limit" to leave feedback where the seller would have say 10 days ( enough time to receive payment) and the buyer would have 20 days ( enough to receive the item). Or your total number of transactions and any valid claims filed against you through E-bay or paypal. It is a tough subject.

Ed
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
While we are talking about eBay...

I don't get why my total score dose not go up if I do business with a seller more than once. I should get two points if I had two positive transactions with the same seller.

Honestly, I wish there was some real competition for eBay.

Looking for nearly anything related to Signal Oil

Go Farther!
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Signal, best idea yet. Competition would force better service and clean up alot of the mess. I have also thought that before a negative goes into effect, maybe there should be a cooling off period or a certain amount of days to resolve the issue before the negative comment is finally submitted and made public. Certainly there are enough good ideas out there to make the process better.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Feedback is optional, not required.

I use feedback to let people know the item has been shipped and I am happy. But, if I do that and the buyer is then unhappy and becomes unreasonable...then I am out of luck.

I can see why the seller would wait for the buyer, make sure they are happy.

Fun stuff....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved