Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#782552 Fri Oct 21 2022 09:07 PM
R
Rodney Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Having a difficult time trying to install the Gilbarco1006 replacement curved glass. Can anyone who has installed these share any tricks/tips? I trimmed the corners but still can't get it to work.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Rodney #782555 Sat Oct 22 2022 07:22 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
The most difficult glass to install, as far as I'm concerned. I have used the string method with some success. The nylon bone works pretty well too. It does help to have a helper. Never easy, even after a few beers. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

R
Rodney Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I agree with your assessment (most difficult)- Did you have success installing the rubber around the glass first or around the frame first? Either way seems you need to bend the frame a bit and it would make sense to have two people - I could not accomplish it myself even after a few beers. Thanks

Rodney #782563 Sat Oct 22 2022 04:30 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I always mount the rubber to the metal and install the glass after. You will need to use Windex to keep it slick. No kidding when I have been told by guys who know, that the best lubricant for glass is KY jelly. I have no experience with it though. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved