Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#774913 Mon Feb 07 2022 08:03 PM
T
Teach Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have always liked the Gilbert & Barker 65. I'm not sure why- maybe the sheer height, maybe because they are so early, but when we saw one in a local museum a few years ago and my wife took my picture with it, I decided I would find one. I came close to picking up a number of very rough examples to patch together, but held out for a better one, and I am glad that I did. This one was represented as having been used very little (never restored) and kept under cover. It is in such great shape that I thought that might be possible, but I think it is more likely that it is a very good older resto. The insides are like new...not quite new, but like new, but with a little age. It did not come with a globe or hose, but did have the original banana nozzle. I added the globe. The body is old, but has repro. lenses. The hose is also a repro. The globe body has already been repainted at some point, so I will probably paint it to match the blue on the pump.

At one point I remember reading a thread in which a member mentioned dropping one of these on himself and breaking one or both collar bones. I was grateful to have help from a friend who does tree work for a living, and although it is heavy, we didn't have any mishaps.

Oh yeah...I guess it is worth mentioning that I grew up down the street from Gilbert and Barker's West Springfield factory, and we store our RV in there during winters. The buildings have been refurbished and are being used for storage, a countertop business, and office space.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB_1.jpg GB_2.jpg GB_3.jpg GB_4.jpg
Last edited by Teach; Mon Feb 07 2022 08:08 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Teach #775095 Mon Feb 14 2022 07:57 PM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Nice pump I have one as well

IMG_20211230_164929696.jpg
1 member likes this: Teach
ALSS72 #775102 Tue Feb 15 2022 06:09 AM
T
Teach Offline OP
OP Offline