Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I was going through some of my old stuff and came upon quite a few gas station credit card receipts. They are from the late 1960's. These have some neat color logos on them from Midwest independent brands Western, Erickson of Stevens Point, Wisconsin, and Wisco "99" (Wisconsin Independent Oil Company). In addition, there are credit card machine receipts from more main stream brands like Texaco, Pure, Union 76, Shell, Deep Rock, and Conoco. Again, all have nice color company logo's on them. Most of these receipts are on heavy card stock, as was the custom back in the day.

I'm wondering if some of these have collector value as "smalls". Or, perhaps someone would be doing a replica old gas station, and want some to stick in the cash register or a credit card imprint machine. I realize these colorful logo receipts are only a little over 50 years old, but I felt the gang here on Old Gas would be able to give me some good advice. Thanks. John

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think they might be of value to someone who collects a specific brand, but I can't imagine one would pay very much for one or many. You hit on a good idea though..selling them to someone with a replica station.

That being said, I love smalls, and any details which pertain to specific brands I collect.

I think if the receipts are from a specific city and station, one might be interested in them for that reason as well.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Thanks for taking the time to offer your helpful thoughts, Alan. It's always good to hear from you. John

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved