Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hawkike #763682 Wed May 12 2021 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That has been going on for awhile now..eBay adds up the final selling price with the shipping amount,and charges the buyer the state tax it's headed to.
So the buyer pays final price,shipping AND tax.
Seller pays 10% + eBay AND paypal fees.
Back to the cornfield swapmeets for me..

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
hawkike #763685 Wed May 12 2021 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've mentioned this before, but my big warning about ebay is to not give out your phone number to anyone on ebay messenger. I had an item sell on facebook two months after I gave my number to someone on ebay via messenger (he wanted info), and ebay charged me all of their selling fees like I sold it there when I took the listing down later. Was hundreds of dollars.

I know the ebay fees suck, but you can compensate with your price.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
hawkike #763686 Wed May 12 2021 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How can you relay your phone number to someone through eBay?..I tried it once as a buyer,and an Ebay notice appeared after I hit SUBMIT,saying eBay will not send this message to the seller.The are looking for spellings of phone #'s too,I tried.

Cold Pizza #763687 Wed May 12 2021 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
How can you relay your phone number to someone through eBay?..I tried it once as a buyer,and an Ebay notice appeared after I hit SUBMIT,saying eBay will not send this message to the seller.The are looking for spellings of phone #'s too,I tried.

It's pretty easy, just mix up words and numbers, like 510 seven six five 9999. That can't nail you if someone sends their number to you (not yet anyway), but if you send it there's a chance you'll end up paying selling fees.

Last edited by Paul Bell; Wed May 12 2021 12:18 PM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
hawkike #763690 Wed May 12 2021 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to know,Thanks Paul.
I've seen a few sellers include a picture of their Phone # written on a Piece of paper in some auctions too.Wonder how long those stayed up before eBay squished it.

hawkike #763736 Thu May 13 2021 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I’ve done the picture thing before with my number. Like others said, it’s pretty easy to exchange numbers. I’ve sold a ton on eBay but we are done, not with this new policy.

All my sales are now here, CL and word of mouth through my many contacts. I may start setting up at shows? I have a friend who quit eBay too and he only does shows and Fakebook.

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
hawkike #763767 Fri May 14 2021 07:12 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Ebay has gotten to big for it’s britches . Sold less and less on their site the last few years . I Resent their constant positioning to increase their profit line . For those who depend on volume sales it probably will not make a great deal of difference . Closed out my payment method tonight . Buying and selling on Facebook groups and word of mouth suits me just fine . So much easier . Well until marketplace starts charging LOL ! Started out attending swap meets years ago , a lot of them . If I was still young that is what I would still be doing . Nothing like browsing thru a bunch of dealers stuff out in the open air and dickering to get the best deal . Miss those days for sure . Me the kids and sometimes the grand kids . Good memories

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved