Print Thread
#760426 Mon Feb 08 2021 09:20 AM
S
Stig Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I seem to be attracted to this old, odd pump . Maybe because some look at it and say what is it ?. Certainly unusual and uncommon, sometimes referred to as a pre-visible.
I have found a couple solid, mostly complete 276/280 units with the tower.
Before I pull the trigger, can some of you guys chime in and educate me on details, values, photos, or original paint schemes. Also, what fuel brands were out there after the Standard Oil breakup back 100 years ago.?
I am aware parts are hard to come buy, and they weigh a ton..... but would look nice as a time line to my visibles.

Last edited by Stig; Mon Feb 08 2021 12:09 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Stig #760436 Mon Feb 08 2021 04:47 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Hard to put a price on these pumps. A lot of people just don't like them because they are plain Jane. If they are complete they will go for 500-1,000 depending on condition in my area if you can find a buyer. It is a common pump in this area. You could brand it any company that you want. Very few pumps were made for one company. The towers are probably the hardest part to find for these pumps. Here is a picture of the pump that I have in my collection with an original Tidex globe. Richard

DCP_1537.jpg DCP_1538.jpg
Stig #760438 Mon Feb 08 2021 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Stig
I am aware parts are hard to come buy, and they weigh a ton..... but would look nice as a time line to my visibles.

You ain't kidding on the weight. I've had a few of these and they are definitely back breakers.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved