Next Thread
Print Thread
#760107 Mon Feb 01 2021 04:18 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I have this Bennett and I believe that the computer I have is not the correct on as the sheetmetal hole for the crank will not line up with the computer shaft. I would like to find the correct one or a clock mech for this pump. Any one know which one fits ?

IMG_0446.jpg IMG_0450.jpg

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Craig, mine has the same style of computer. There were studs on the bottom of mine with lock nuts either side of the plate. If I remember correctly had to raise it up about 1/2" so it would line up with the crank and the faces looked correct with the door. Richard

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Does the mounting plate in the pump clamp to the pipes in the corners? If so just raise that plate. Been way too long since I did a 76 to remember clearly.

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Good thought about raising the plate, just thought that I had the wrong computer.

Craig
R
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by gatorgaspumps
Craig, mine has the same style of computer. There were studs on the bottom of mine with lock nuts either side of the plate. If I remember correctly had to raise it up about 1/2" so it would line up with the crank and the faces looked correct with the door. Richard

Mine has the studs also. There are three of them with jam nuts for adjustment. They are located between the bottom of the computer and the mounting plate. They are used for height adjustment as well as leveling. I can get you better pics if needed.

Bennett 76 Assembly 02.JPG Bennett 76 Assembly 03.JPG

Randy
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes mine has the same nuts but they make it too high not high enough. Might be the wrong computer as Scott Anderson pointed out. It would be easier to just find a clock face mech to install..
Thanks

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved