Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
This is really cool to see unfold. I just drove through Dallas this past Saturday and would've loved to see this. But... just came from Tulsa headed to Houston and was already tired and wanted to beat that weather that was on the way.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by DH44
Originally Posted by Skydog
Any updates for us?

Greg

Things have been slow with the holidays and work. I did get a call that the new bay doors are in and they want to install this week. Have to make sure the welder is available to build the center support. Been having an exceedingly difficult time finding anyone to do some framing and put the ceilings back in. Slow going, but that seems to be the common case- it's sad how hard it is to find someone that actually wants to work and then follows through....

I totally understand your issue, it is hard to find contractors that are willing to take on a small job for a one time customer.
Good ones are tied up with builders that keep them busy, till they're not...
This happened to me in 2009, I closed my Cabinet shop when the bottom fell out of new housing.
Show us those doors when they are in!
Greg

D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Doors are in! Should be finished up tomorrow.

3B8214ED-19B5-456A-B15F-6DDAE5B988C9.jpeg
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Looking good!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
That sure set’s that front off . Looking good and you sure have a gem there .Can’t wait to see it finished . I am jealous you are getting to live your dream . Love the updates . Keep on keeping on .

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome project and looking good!! You can even see where the Washing and Lubrication signs were at!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Finished up- really nice job on the fit. The doors are chain-host operated. The doors help dampen the road noise considerably.

C1E2665E-9C70-47D0-8F24-067C34A84C66.jpeg EBAB1DA2-0371-4B8F-988B-49B776ACA3DE.jpeg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
huge project - big results - most big exterior projects look too be complete,

you appear too be rounding 2nd base & heading too home on exterior work .. ... cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks great! I'm really enjoying following your progress on this. Kudos to you for taking on this project.

Brian H
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
More pictures please, we're dying here!! LOL!

Michael F. Moran
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sorry- it's been a while since I posted but work, Snowmageddon, materials availability and grandkids have been in the picture. We're making really good progress recently, though, and I've actually been able to take some time off and work alongside the contractor this week. Electrical is partially done in the station, met with a plumber yesterday and we got everything lined out. Met with a concrete guy Monday and he's going to start in 2 weeks. My contractor and his son have been kicking butt this week- I'm heading over there in a little while and will get some outside pictures. Lots of effort has been going into the accessory building which is really good because I was thinking we would do the station first then work on the building next door. It's really coming together now.
ADA-compliant bathroom is a pain. The size is ridiculously large and we probably were grandfathered in from needing to do one but I did not want to have the city come in after construction and say we had to add one...
Here's a teaser photo- this is the front from the inside Wednesday morning. Wait until you see Thursday morning!

1.jpg
Last edited by DH44; Thu May 06 2021 05:44 AM.
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Good progress today- some pictures follow.

First one- Front windows/door before we started ripping them out. You can see where they had built up over the windows with cinderblock and put on some hideous brickwork.
Second one- Glass out and cinderblocks ready for the taking.
Third one- inside back window that was completely rusted out and blocked in- removed and then we moved the adjacent window into the slot and are going to cut a door to the courtyard in place of the window where we removed the good window. Only cracked one pane getting it out.
Fourth one-all the storefront and frontside windows/transoms ripped out and framed in. Glass man came by and measured for the replacement windows/transoms/front door.

1.jpg 9.jpg 3.jpg 14.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Some more pics:

1. Bathrooms gone and ready for revision
2. Interior bathroom demoed and plumbing ready to remove
3. Front of the building- the beautiful row of green tiles at the bottom were covered! And we're gaining lots of light by opening up all the windows that were concreted over.

4.jpg 2.jpg 15.jpg
D
DH44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hope to get the door cut out tomorrow- renting a concrete saw. Once that's done and framed in it's time for building new interior walls.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
You have been busy! A heck of a lot of progress has been made. It must be quite a kick when you find some hidden gem like the green tiles. Thanks for the update and continued success!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved