Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#750121 Tue Jun 09 2020 11:45 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I recently bought an Eco Islander 246 AWT NL . Although I've bought and worked on a lot of pumps , this is the first air meter for me . According to Jack 's book , this model would have come equipped with a pole but no light . So I'm sure its a long shot ,but if anyone has that assembly for it I'd be interested . Also this air meter is missing the back cover , I'd be interested in that also . Thanks Old Gas for any help

DSCN0694.JPG DSCN0695.JPG DSCN0697.JPG
Last edited by Route66Ron; Tue Jun 09 2020 12:02 PM. Reason: added photos
Route66Ron #750175 Wed Jun 10 2020 10:29 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This is Jack of St. Louis. If your intention is to return your ECO to the original way it left the factory the letters on the Model tag tells you what it included.

But, if you purchase a new ID tag, you stamp it any way you want.

Since your meter has a extension on the back of the head, something was originally there.

My assumption is that you don't have a copy of my Air Meter Identification book. If you did you could see on pages 65, 66, 67 and 68 all the ways you could order this meter.

Years ago in Indianapolis I spotted an empty service station, but the ECO Islanders were still there. On one end was a ECO like yours, off the back was a pole supporting about 12 feet of florescent lights, on the other end was just a pole holding up the lights. I am only mentioning this to infer once you put a pole on the back of your meter you can attach anything you want. This page of my website shows many of the options you have. http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco-240%20parts.htm

I just notices you did include the Model number above. AWTNL: A, air; W, water; T, tower, NL, no light. This meant that when it left the factory, it just had a tower (the curved thing that supported the pole) which is missing from your pump. This item was offered as a reproduction years ago, but I don't know if any one is making them now. From this you just slide in a pipe, Let this pipe support anything you want. Find an original Revere light, or a pylon-florescent light, or anything you think would look great.

I have a great deal of original literature for your ECO, contact me if you are interested.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Route66Ron #750179 Thu Jun 11 2020 05:30 AM
E
E
Ron Scobie has the cast iron goose neck you are looking for. gaspump.com on his website

Eco Air Meters buy,sell and trade.705-323-2128
Route66Ron #750255 Fri Jun 12 2020 08:57 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Jack , I called you earlier this week and talked to Cindy as you were out . I'd like to stop by before I get into this project and get some literature . Thanks for your input and help . Ron

Route66Ron #750256 Fri Jun 12 2020 09:03 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Doug , yes I saw that on Ron's web site . I had that down with my parts needed list . Jack answered one of my questions , I basically use what ever length of pipe I want , and what ever type of light . Thanks for your response , if you don't mind , I may lean on you some if I get stuck during the restoration . Stay safe , Ron

Route66Ron #751003 Sun Jun 28 2020 01:13 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Looks like I need to find or make the 4 " STOPS " that went into the slots on the brake drum on both springs . There were 2 stops on each spring . Jack , is that something you'd have left over . Thank you Old Gas.

DSCN0727.JPG
Last edited by Route66Ron; Sun Jun 28 2020 01:32 PM. Reason: added photos

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved