Next Thread
Print Thread
#734975 Wed Aug 28 2019 02:57 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
I see Morphy's squeaked out another percentage point!!! LOL!!! Up to 26% now on their latest auction!! How long until we see 30%??? Ridiculous!!!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As long as there are people stupid enough to pay it they will keep raising it. Just like the old saying whatever the traffic will bear.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
it is their way of trying to realize the full 20% premium as profit. they charge 20% BP + 3% Credit Card + 3% Third Party Fees... so that is how it comes to 26%. If you pay by check and bid using their platform, then its 20% still.

I have noticed many of the other regular sign auction companies have increased to 18% now. its all a bit crazy, but I suppose you just have to consider it in your bids. just bought a sign from Aumann's last week, it was 5% premium... felt fantastic about that, lol.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yup don't like it but when you think of the process to create an auction, many steps, getting the collection, photography, people, on line bidding set up, packing and shipping it sort of makes sense. I think this will deter many bidders especially on line. I know I'm out.

Have gas all the time
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Yes, way to high of fees. Notice the pumps in auctions have not seen their potential from shipping, fees, and what have you. I have not bought at auction now for about 3 years unless I go their. Oh well, there are still plenty of big dollar guys willing to pay.

Craig
BryceG #735001 Wed Aug 28 2019 03:37 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Don't forget the seller has to pay a percentage as well...

I agree with all the posted sentiments regarding the fees that some auction houses are charging on winning bids. At this point I prefer to pay with cash as I will take the item with me after the auction is over.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
After the 23% that I paid in the Iowa Gas auction. I was charged another 330$ for shipping. That was for 1 sign and 2 cans. There was no estamated shipping cost so really you're in the dark with this and stuck paying it or they put your purchase in a lockup and charge rent till you get it.

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted by Douglashwy
After the 23% that I paid in the Iowa Gas auction. I was charged another 330$ for shipping. That was for 1 sign and 2 cans. There was no estamated shipping cost so really you're in the dark with this and stuck paying it or they put your purchase in a lockup and charge rent till you get it.

Holy *****!!! Do you live at the north pole??

On another note, How long before we see 30%??

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess that's the price to the west that I 80 is the most boring ride from Iowa to Salt Lake🤪

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know I agree whole heartedly with Steve's sentiments but sometimes you just have to go to the mountain/auctioneer and collect what you want from the auction because that is the one and only time you're going to get a chance at that article that you have to have. And so you buy it and pay the, ..... gulp, 30%!
And that's why they can do it! See you at Morphys😜

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved