Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#723798 Sat Jan 26 2019 02:28 PM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys,

I have just added a "Collectors Corner" page to my website. The page is dedicated to people that want to upload pictures of their vintage gas, oil and petroliana collections, and any stories that you may want to share with other petroliana collectors. Just up load your pics and or stories and I will post them on the collector corner website.

Its simple just go my website and go to the Collectors Corner page and click on the upload your pictures icon (SHOWN BELOW IN PICTURE), click on the icon and send your pics through your email.

I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing your collections, and thanks everyone in advance for posting your collection pics.

Thanks
Kevin
http://antiquevintagegasp.wixsite.com/agedgaspump

upload pic.jpg
Last edited by kevinz; Sat Jan 26 2019 02:29 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
kevinz #723837 Sun Jan 27 2019 10:49 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I would cordially suggest that anyone posting pictures of their gas/oil on Kevin's site be careful not to include any location information. Even a town (especially a smaller town) can get the "wrong" people doing some research work to figure out the possible location of your goodies. John

Jolly-John #723842 Sun Jan 27 2019 11:39 AM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
Let me respond to Jolly Johns post regarding my collectors corner website webpage. There always seems to be one donkey that has paranoid delusional thoughts of someone steeling their collection. If you have a look at the page John, I only post first name and State or Province, so John if you can figure out who or where the collections are, you are a better investigator than the FBI. Don't let people like john make you paranoid of getting robed, there are much more valuable and easier things that crooks would go after.

John, if you have nothing constructive or positive to say, go post it on someone else's thread. I didn't ask for your two cents.

Kevin

kevinz #723844 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:36 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Easy there, Kevin. I don't think I've ever been called a "donkey" or "paranoid" or "delusional" by anyone but my wife.

Well, here's another couple of pennies worth from me that you didn't ask for.. In case you didn't notice....you made your original posting in the "DISCUSSION" section of Old Gas. My posting is intended to be part of the "discussion" of your request for members to post photos of THEIR collections on YOUR website. I'm sure everyone can note that I didn't say guys shouldn't post their photos on your website. I merely suggested they be cautious about any location information, given the tremendous increase of theft in our hobby.

I can't imagine why you publically "went off the deep end" in your rather vicious and certainly unfriendly reply to my discussion post. Strange, as I see it.....since you're the one who, in essence, is asking for free content (gas/oil collection photos) to be posted on YOUR website by Old Gas members. Cordially yours in the spirit of our wonderful hobby, John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Sun Jan 27 2019 12:54 PM.
kevinz #723845 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I went to your site, very nice. What Jolly-John stated is just our concerns about our collections. With the great demand for this stuff many have had things stolen, so he did not mean to demean you or your site by any means. It's just that many of us have this concern.

Have gas all the time
Done4 #723847 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:55 PM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
Well it seems Jolly John has given his two cents again, which I never asked for in the first place. Regarding your first post to my thread. Your wife sounds like a very smart person. You just don't get it, do you John, you must have lots of time on your hands to be trolling my post and putting in your two cents without even asking me any particulars, or PMing me first. Like I said before, and if you checked my website, you would see that I don't post any information other than a first name and State or Province, but you just went ahead and scared a whole lot of people with your unwarranted and unsolicited posts. And by the way John, I am not asking for anything for free, as you state in your last post. My website has tons of information on gas pumps and vintage motorcycles, ALL FREE FOR ANYONE TO DOWNLOAD AND USE. I don't get any money from anyone for putting up all the valuable information, so again shooting your mouth off without knowing the facts. Go find someone else to troll. Maybe try Twitter.

Done4 #723848 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:58 PM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Done4, Thanks for the kudos on my website. I understand your concerns but, not everyone has those same concerns and you can choose not to upload anything to me for posting.

kevinz #723849 Sun Jan 27 2019 01:08 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hi, Kevin. It's hard to understand why you insist on responding with such unseemly personal attacks on me. However, your approach to "discussion" here on Old Gas certainly tells me everything I need to know about you. Enough said. With cordiality to all in our HOBBY, John

kevinz #723850 Sun Jan 27 2019 01:15 PM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
To Jolly John yet again. You started the whole thing by adding your two cents to a thread that you obviously want to keep replying to, even though you are not interested in uploading your collection. Then you try to blame me for answering your unsolicited posts to my thread. Like I said before, my thread specifically asks if you want to upload and show your collection you are welcome. I am not forcing anyone to do so and the have the right to not upload. You seem to want to act like some kind of cop on the forum. As I said before you have the option to not upload your pics. You obviously, don't read my replies.

kevinz #723860 Sun Jan 27 2019 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin, With all due respect, I don't believe John was bashing you or your website. Theft in this hobby is on the rise at an exponential rate. Stories of theft are becoming more common every month. I believe John was just reminding the people who post not to put locations (if that is even possible on your website).

I believe John was just giving a friendly reminder to the people who decide to post. I think your defensive demeanor should not be aimed at John, rather I would be thanking him for his concern, and ensure him that you take precautions on your website. I actually agree with John's concerns, not on your website, but theft in general. And don't fool yourself, these signs are often times easier targets. Unscrewing a couple $4000 signs IS easier than breaking into a convenience store, in town, with an alarm.

Here is a small amount of examples. These are just the ones posted on Old Gas in the last few months. Several more are posted on Facebook and other sites, and several are only reported to the police. While some are not reported at all. There was actually a recent sign theft ring in North and South Carolina a few months ago. So it is a huge problem and I agree with John's friendly reminder of being conscientious with what you put out there. Whether it is this site, your site, FB, wherever.

Just my 2 cents,
Steve

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=702417

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=706065#Post706065

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=705608#Post705608

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=704479#Post704479

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=723614#Post723614

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=711722#Post711722

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=682565#Post682565

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Jan 27 2019 03:22 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Speedracer #723861 Sun Jan 27 2019 03:19 PM
kevinz Offline OP
OP Offline
Speedracer, as I said in my previous posts. Number (1) you have the option to post pics on my site or not, so if you are worried about something getting stolen because it was posted on my website don't post your collection. Number (2) People are not stupid and don't need to be scared and told not to post pictures on my website. (3) I do not post last names, only the State or the Province. (3) I am doing this so others can enjoy peoples collections, the exact same thing that Primary Petroliana does, as they post galleries with collections, names and locations. I don't see anyone jumping on them. (4) Johns first post to my thread is no different than him posting on someone else thread that is trying to sell a vintage sign, and saying watch out everyone, there are lots of fakes out there, so beware when you buy a sign from this guy. Like I said, people are not stupid, and can make their own decisions on whether they want to post on my site or not.

kevinz #723870 Sun Jan 27 2019 05:40 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Come on, There has been people who have stolen parts of collections with just a little knowledge of cities or towns. Too many bad people running around. I understand everyone's concern, but please lets keep the the person things to your self. Many good points brought by both Kevinz and other parties here in the post.

Craig
kevinz #723873 Sun Jan 27 2019 06:02 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Subscribed.

Stu K. #723880 Sun Jan 27 2019 08:10 PM
T
Tob Offline
T
WOW !!!???