Sold a lot of items on ebay (for years), and have never had this issue where someone asks a question and my listing goes dark. Maybe because of your new user status but I doubt it.
I did have a new problem pop up this month that people should be AWARE. I had an item listed both on ebay and facebook. Got a question on ebay, next day sold item on facebook, and immediately took down off ebay. Ebay sends me nasty letter stating, ----- Jan Xth: Recieve message from seller, Jan Xth: Item removed off ebay; OFF E-BAY SALE, may be charged final value fee! ---- I called ebay and yelled at them and supposedly they are not charging me for something I sold on facebook.
Moral of the story, never remove an item off ebay immediately after getting a message from an ebay user, wait at least two or three days and hope your item doesnt sell in the mean time. OR don't use ebay at all, but unfortunately it still has a pool of buyers that is hard to ignore.
----- Here's the email: -----
Following our last email about offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, we determined that you still aren't following the policy.
As a result, we've taken the following actions:
- You're unable to list or buy items for 7 days.
- You may be subject to final value fees when you have offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, even if the item didn't sell.
- Your fixed price listings are hidden from search results for 7 days, and fees won’t be refunded.
- You can't send or receive messages with eBay members for 7 days unless you have a recent transaction.
Offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, including offering or requesting contact information or links within member-to-member messages or listings, aren’t allowed except as outlined in the policy or required by law.
Below are the details where the activity occurred:
Dr. Pepper Porcelain Sign, 10-2-4, 1930s Rare, Art Deco, 53" x 33", Truck
BUYER: --- Guys phone number ----
SELLER: Listing end date 1/1/2019 12:24:05 AM
Please be sure to manage any current listings and to complete any open transactions during this restriction. After 7 days, your account will no longer be restricted, and your listings will be unhidden from search results. During this restriction, you can still:
- Send email related to recent transactions
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks
To ensure that further action isn’t taken on your account, please review our offers to buy or sell outside of eBay. Please take the next 3 days to make sure your selling activities follow these guidelines. If you don't, your account(s) may be subject to a range of actions, including:
- Final value fees will be assessed when you have offers to sell outside of eBay, even if the item didn't actually sell.
- You won’t be able to list or buy items for an additional 7 days.
- Some or all of your fixed price listings may be hidden from search results for an additional 7 days, and fees won't be refunded.
- Your seller performance standards ratings may change, and you may lose your eBay Top Rated seller status for the next monthly cycle.
- You won’t be able to send or receive messages with eBay members for an additional 7 days unless you have a recent transaction.
Last edited by Paul Bell; Sat Jan 26 2019 11:39 AM.