Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dream#6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can verify that this can is an original. I picked it up at an auction and can't find it anywhere online. The can is metal, the handle is wooden and the logo is paper glued to can. Any info would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Carol

ba.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Carol, in regards to your question of the originality of the can you have there, I would have to say that it is not. I've been collecting B/A for many years and although they have many, many versions of containers for gas, oil, kerosene,etc, I have no knowledge of this type of corrigated container used in this manner. The red and orange colors definitely were not of the proper design. The paper labels were used on some early containers in the wartime years. Now having said all this, without having it my hands and seeing it with my own eyes, a station leasee or bulk plant owner could have used a generic can and labelled it for use in his establishment. So, in my opinion, it is not a British American Oil Company designed or issued container. I will also add a disclaimer, it seems every now and then, something new comes out of the woodwork, but I don't think this is one of them. I hope this helps Carol.
Ken.

D
Dream#6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks so much Ken. I had a look at the pic of your collection before I posted my question so I am really happy to see your reply. My concerns were the paper label and the fact I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Carol

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Your welcome Carol, glad I was able to help.
Ken.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved