Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#712711 Sat Jul 07 2018 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Need to move a 1970 f100 pickup from Tennessee to upstate NY about 750 miles. I don’t really want to make the trip if I don’t have to. Truck runs and drives just hasn’t been on road in awhile. Thanks for any help.

Got Socony???

Tom
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Tom I'm having a motorcycle shipped 1398 hundred miles for 715.00. I just googled and several top notch companies popped up and after some computer work I had three options with prices and offered insurance options.

Another option is to list it on uship where shipper will bid on it ,you pick one and accept the bid. I didn't go that route because they will put together a load out and back they may load a sack of rocks beside my bike.,but others say you get your best deal doing this.I just wanted someone that all they hauled was motorcycles.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used Pilot Freight (TX to MI) and was very, very happy. They were mid-priced compared to other quotes. I needed an enclosed trailer.

I can tell you that I tried to use Passport Transport and they were horrible. They never returned calls and kept telling me that they were going to pick up my vehicle "next week"... those promises went on for 6 weeks. Then I called Pilot Freight and they picked up the truck within 2 weeks.

I've heard Horseless Carriage, S1G, and Reliable Transportation are all good. My quote from Reliable was significantly higher.

If you've never shipped a car, plan wisely. They may not be able to pick it up for several weeks. And not all transport companies go to all states.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sat Jul 07 2018 10:21 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I looked up the company I;m using and they also have auto transport division.
If you do a google search you can get a quote on line.
I had to add some cost as they only offered 5000 worth of insurance on bikes but it was only 10 bucks per 1000.
Really need to do your homework and read each contract.
Good Luck !

AA Auto Transport
San Diego CA.
800-466-6935

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
logistics 574-848-7699 out of Ind. have not tried them yet but they were the lowest price I could find . They advertise in Michigan Auto & R V at www.autorv.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved