Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#710888 Tue Jun 05 2018 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning all. Just got home in the wee hours this morning from two weeks in Italy. To say I'm glad to be home would be an understatement. We had a good time and glad I went but two weeks of tours and people is just not my bag. This was my wife's dream trip that I reluctantly agreed to do, mainly due to one week being on a bicycle in Tuscany! But she has endured many years of trips with me that weren't her bag so I figured I owed her this one at least. We spent a week in Rome which was crazy with huge crowds to do everything. It is just hard for me to enjoy something when you're constantly standing in lines and crowds but still glad I got to see it all in person I guess. The bike trip through Tuscany was beautiful though and the tour group we were with was first class and made it really enjoyable. For you who wonder how this old man could ride a bike for six days the answer is a wonderful invention called the E-bike. Not quite a motorcycle but I couldn't believe how those things work. Technology is truly amazing! By the end of the week the rest of the group was pretty envious of those that had one but most wouldn't admit it.... I'm ready to get back to my shop and some peace and quiet. There's no place like home..... GB

Hi Everyone,

Gary, sounds like you had a memorable trip. I'm sure the wife is happy. I've wondered about those e-bikes and if they really worked out well.

Beautiful day here. Warm, but low humidity. Unloaded an 18-wheeler this morning at the Food Pantry and got everything set up to distribute.

Have a great Tuesday out there in Oldgasland

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
GB, sounds like a lot of the places I would like to visit....would love to see them, but the crowds and the overly "touristy" traps keep me around Michigan for the most part.

Still pretty cool in my neck of the woods, a good change of pace from the heat we had a week or so ago. Not to say it's stopped the rain at all, but at least it isn't 90 degrees. I don't think it's going to make it to 70 today, but it's been nice to keep the windows open at night and cool the apartment down a lot.
Have a good day all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bet the countryside was lovely--more importantly, did you wife enjoy the trip?

Looks like we are in store for a "normal" June week of weather, with highs in the upper 70's and 80's and mostly sunny...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved