Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks for mentioning Ron Carey. Ron and I worked on at least a hundred pump projects over the twenty plus years together. I first met Ron in La Hunta Colorado at Meril Bubblits place. Ron at one time purchase pumps from Meril. who restored pumps years ago and is now gone also. Ron's son Shon is now finishing up many of the pumps that Ron never had time to finish before his accident. Shon stopped by my shop in January and we had a lot of good memories and stories of Ron. Husky Oil built the Heritage Park Museum in Calgary and Ron donated over three hundred restored pump, signs and several old oil field trucks to the museum. Ron also did business with John Linton of Arizona in the drill bit business for drilling oil and water wells. Ron, John and I went to lunch in Gilbert A.Z one afternoon and I wish that I had taken a voice recorder with me to capture some of their great stories from past experiences. Ron was also CEO of the Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep Foundation in the Western U.S.A. Ron also purchased unrestored pumps from Tom Schillings then transported them back to Calgary for restoration and yes Tom also has a great collection of pump, sighs and globes. If I ever had any questions concerning very early gas pumps I could always contact Ron and he had the information I needed and if I needed any parts he always seemed to have extra parts available.

Bruce.

1 member likes this: Gas Pump Rob
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Keith Case

IMG_5105.JPG

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Jack Sim

IMG_5104.JPG

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Tom Hilliker (nochevys)

IMG_5103.JPG

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My grandfather Les Reincke Sr. He was an early collector/dealer of globes and pumps in the late 70's and 80's. He always told me I was too late to get into this hobby. If he only knew!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kyle Moore from Oklahoma,visited him in the early 70's.At that time he had over 800 globes plus the hundreds of signs and pumps.

Frank Jordan
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by keithia
My grandfather Les Reincke Sr. He was an early collector/dealer of globes and pumps in the late 70's and 80's. He always told me I was too late to get into this hobby. If he only knew!!

I had the privilege of meeting Mr.Reincke and was invited to his farm to see his amazing collection of globes.

A great visit to IOWA! He also dealt in windmills if i remember correctly.

Frank Jordan
M
M
I have just learned that Ed Natale's dad passed away this past week. Mr. Natale was a very quiet & polite gentleman. Ed, sorry for your loss.

1 member likes this: RetroPetro
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by mdmike
I have just learned that Ed Natale's dad passed away this past week. Mr. Natale was a very quiet & polite gentleman. Ed, sorry for your loss.
So sad, it was always a pleasure to see the Natale clan

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
1 member likes this: RetroPetro
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Ed Natale

E4CFD87A-4B40-4A3E-A155-B379E4C7793A.jpeg

1 member likes this: KZ1000
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved