Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#689600 Fri Jun 30 2017 09:58 PM
puregas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Many of you knew George Clayton from Nashville. He was a regular at Dixie Gas, Evansville, Susan Moore and Columbus. He was battling bladder cancer and struggled with some other health issues for the last year or two. There will be a memorial service tomorrow at Springhill funeral home in Nashville. George worked in the petroleum equipment repair business for years. He collected Pan Am in particular and local companies such as Southern Oil Service, Consumers, Spur and a few others, but like so many of us he liked a little of everything. We thought he was going to be able to make it to Columbus this year but it didn't happen. He passed away this past Saturday evening. He will be missed. Pat

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tenness...8&fhid=3981

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
puregas #689606 Sat Jul 01 2017 05:30 AM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I first met George at Dixie Gas and would regularly see him at most of the shows there. He will certainly be missed.

puregas #689621 Sat Jul 01 2017 09:34 AM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
P
I bought an original H C Sinclair globe from him last year at Dixie ,We were set up across from him , Super nice man He will be missed.

puregas #689627 Sat Jul 01 2017 11:13 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Spoke with George by phone after he posted about a fry pump, super nice guy eager to share his know how. He said he always made the shows with a couple of you guys. So sorry to hear of his passing.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved