Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Terry

It appears there were a few different cylinder heights. Mine is actually a 25" and I'm fairly confident that that size is correct because the rods appear to be original. The 12.5 x 25" reproduction glass cylinder I bought was perfect.

Also: if you are missing one of the tips for the base I have a broken base I wont be needing that you can cut one out of and have it braised.

Chuck

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Chuck for the info, that would align with the measurements from others and from Jack's "The Gas Pump Bible" book. Regarding the base, did you find an orignal replacement or did you go with a repro? Was the base broken worse than missing a tip causing you to replace?

I have to make a round trip to Des Moines at the end of September to pick the pump up. I then can take a picture of the break to show you where it is on the base.

If it is braised or welded, then painted and primered one day, I don't think it would be noticeable. Thoughts?

Terry Tramp

I'm interested in Deep Rock and Kerr McGee items especially if they are marked B.A. Tramp Oil
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Terry
Sorry for taking so long to reply.
If its fitted and braised correct then ground and finished you shouldn't be able to see where it was repaired.

Message me your number and I will send you a picture of the base I have.

Chuck

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved