Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677858 Sat Jan 28 2017 07:27 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I would like to know the general value of the 48" double sided, orange and black Phillps 66 crest sign made by veri brite. I am unable to post pictures of the sign so I realize people can not make a detailed assessment of it, so I will try and describe it. The sign is in average condition, no creases , no holes, just your average wear, some porcelain loss wear it was shot, both sides look to be in the same condition. The sign has not been touched up or repaired in any way and has little gloss left on it. I am trying to buy this sign from a person and we are currently negotiating price, so I am trying to find fair and real value. Web prices are all over the place. I am not trying to steal it, just would like to know real value. Thanks in advance for any help.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Route66Ron #678005 Sun Jan 29 2017 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I understand your dilemma, but very hard to price without a picture.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Route66Ron #678155 Tue Jan 31 2017 09:06 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If you cannot post a picture of your exact sign you are negotiating on I suggest finding one in very similar condition. Alternately, have you tried searching here on OG for listings by members?

The particular 66 sign isn't rare in and of itself and only prime examples tend to bring 4 digit money. Shot with holes and chips expect the value to be mid three digits or lower depending on how much damage and where it is located. Edge damage vs face damage vs holes in lettering, etc.

And yes values are all over the place because damage is subjective to the particular buyer/seller. Long time collectors aren't willing to pay up versus someone who 'just have to have it because'.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved