Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mark B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm hoping someone hear can give me a clue about this one- this is a prop engine analyzer I'm trying to duplicate. It appears to be made up of parts from old motor testers of various brands. The center long part is from a Sun 150 motor tester, but I'd like to figure out what the rest is. Any help is appreciated!!

Mark

ID analzer by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I just went through about 300 pieces of literature pertaining to this type of equipment. I cannot find anything exactly like this one. Is it a Sun or a Sunnen?
I cannot find any similar item that has a base like the one shown, it appears to me to be a common tool box. All of the ones I found just has a door, no drawers.
If you can provide better pictures I might have something better to work with and provide you with pictures that I have for sale.
I went to your site and saw what you do, very impressive. If you are just duplicating a garage and want to include a piece of equipment similar to the above I would suggest you purchase one of the many ads I have showing similar equipment, I just need to know what era or year you are using.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
Mark B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks very much for the input Jack!

Yes, this is not an actual piece of equipment as you see it- it was a movie prop made up of pieces and parts in a fabricated case. The base is indeed an existing tool cabinet made by Pressteel. The middle long part of the analyzer is a module from a Sun Motor Testor model 150, but I don't know the source for the rest of the gauges. The two large rectangular gauges may not even be from an actual analyzer, but that smaller panel on the lower left seems like it probably is; I'm mostly hoping to ID that part.

Mark

Not sure if this will help but I worked as a mechanic for 45 years and from what I see the unit in the lower left may not be a motor analyzer unit but it may be a specific tester for armatures or components like that. The two larger gauges look like maters that were used on "AVR"`s That's a charging system tester that measures amps, volts, and resistance. Sun (or Sunnen) and AC Delco and Motorcraft (Ford) all made units with large gauges like that but they usually had only one gauge on the tester. If your just trying to make a mock up of the unit in the picture, you could use two of the same gauge. Look for listings of automotive charging system testers or analysers and you may find something you can work with. Hope this helps.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Just for information purposes Sun was out of Chicago, and Sunnen is still in business here in St. Louis.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved