Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
For those of you who insure your collections with Collectibles Insurance Services, note this recent change for USPS insurance. Under Collectibles Insurance Class 2 coverage, policy holders are insured for shipping items up to $2500 as long as there is a USPS delivery signature. Previously, this meant insuring for $100 with USPS to get the signature on delivery. Under the new USPS insurance structure, there is no signature requirment unless a package is insured for over $200 ($200.01 and up).

I was unaware of this USPS change until today. If you follow the old assumptions about your collectibles policy and only insure for $100, there is no signature requirement. Therefore, in this instance Collectibles Insurance will only provide up to $200 coverage.

I thought this info might save someone from an unanticipated big hit for a lost or damaged insured item in the future.

[This message has been edited by Pablo (edited 08-31-2007).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
another change that I was unaware of until a few months ago is you must schedule (give them a description and value of anything $5000 and over.
Ray

P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Ray,
I've had a policy for many years and there has always been a requirement to itemize all individual items valued over $5000. Reference "Unscheduled Items" in your policy (A.4.f).

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good to know.
Thanks Pablo.

Kim

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved