Next Thread
Print Thread
#658703 Sun Jun 19 2016 03:06 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I have a 15" red body glass globe, the lenses have no cracks, one lense shows fading, the body has a hole in the side but the complete globe displays well.I never cleaned it, still has a birds nest in side. I really don't know what to price it at but I know what the book value is and even that's like 20 years old. It will sell to the best offer and I will deliver it to the Columbus show. Text or Call 724-344-7478

globe.jpg globe 2.jpg globe 3.jpg globe 4.jpg
For Sale Petroliana - Unpriced

Sellers Must Be Approved to Sell in This Category

Click on "Contact" on the upper right to request this privilege, stating a reason

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sorry, These are 14 inch lenses. OFFERS ?? I have been asked several times if there are any cracks and next to the G they look like there's a crack but its just the picture, there are no cracks.

Last edited by drgaspump; Thu Jun 30 2016 05:12 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...there was one of these at Columbus, except it was in fantastic condition with very little wear, for $3500...perhaps that will help you evaluate your globe...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is very very difficult to find the body for this globe. That may keep a lot of people away. 14" hull bodies are extremely rare. Only seen two ever without lenses.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
here's mine... and I paid $3k for it. its the same one Mark is referring to, I had it at Columbus.

Agree with Dan, yours will be a very tough sell, finding a body is going to be very hard, and very costly. Surely someone out there needs a single lens though?

Last edited by BryceG; Fri Jul 01 2016 11:47 AM.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Some of us don't mind a little character in our collection - or cant afford $4000 globes

PM me a starting price, maybe we can negotiate??

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I was hoping for $800.00 mainly for the lenses.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved