Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#639210 Wed Dec 02 2015 11:41 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the rarity and value of a National Cash Register for Standard Oil, and also what it would cost to restore it, as it is currently jammed. . I have spoken to lots of gas and oil collectors over many years, but no one seems to know anything about cash registers that ere specifically made for gas stations. There is a brass plate on the front of the register with the numbers 1915596; and underneath it is 1046-G.

Your help would be much appreciated!

PS I am in the process of changing my name to Classical Gas....I am new on this forum and apologize as I am learning smile

Cash-Register--6-web.jpg Cash-Register-1-web.jpg Cash-Register-2-web.jpg Cash-Register-3-web.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
is it possible this wasnt made specifically for a gas station, but rather that simple gas station related labels were used for the lever labels?

that was my gut feeling.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By BryceG
is it possible this wasnt made specifically for a gas station, but rather that simple gas station related labels were used for the lever labels?

that was my gut feeling.

That would be my guess as well.

Steve
C
OP Offline
C
Since it is jammed, I cannot show you photos, but I distinctly remember 12 years ago that when I pushed a key, for example, a white marker would show up at the top that said something like "Zerolene cup grease", another may say "distillate" I think that I will have to try to get into the case to unjam it.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have one almost the same, I assume these were made specifically for gas stations, the buttons are marked which yes could be done by anyone but the marquee flags on mine also come up gas, oil, lube, misc. These would be much more complicated to change out by someone and mine appear to be "factory" done.

I personally have never been able to confirm this one way or the other except to know that National did make a lot of registers "specifically" for companies....ie: specific buttons and flags.

Getting yours "unstuck" ..... sorry beyond my expertise.

Thanks, Z

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Should be easy to find out lots of info on your register. I went to NCR registers antique and found a link to brassregisiters.com. There is "Tips on how to unjam" on there site. I am sure with serial you have all the info you need

Larry

Last edited by st.rod; Thu Dec 03 2015 01:32 PM.

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Most registers i've seen have then name of who and where it was sold to on the bottom of the cash drawer. Over the years many have deteriorated and fallen off. My father worked for NCR many years ago.

Barry
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes there is usually a release lever on the underside of the drawer slot and the original owner and date should be there. But,,,drawer needs to be open. I'd guess the last key that was pushed never cycled completely. Misc. key?? Maybe if you jimmy it a little more it will cycle. Then some lube? The guys on that forum would probably help. May be able to tell you the best way to get it open if you dont have the keys. They will tell you what its worth- to them, though, the fact that its a station register may be secondary to the actual model, value wise. I like it. I just looked at your pictures again and see your drawer is open.....

Last edited by JimT; Fri Dec 04 2015 03:55 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
grin

cash.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved