Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Great story Steve...the art is learning how to present our "finds" to our wives with the least collateral damage!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
im one of the few with a wife that tags along to every show & auction. most that know me in the hobby, also know her. she loves this stuff and loves showing family our latest 'finds'.

she also has her own little collection of petro, consisting of flying A items and 5-qt cans.

however, she is very specific about how i display my stuff. everything has to be displayed tastefully and not crammed together. im also not allowed any petro on the main floor or upstairs of our house. her house, her rules... but my garage, my rules smile

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife understands completely and has found several of the items we have in the collection. She is my best friend and partner in the game of life, and there are no secrets between us.
She has a tough time with values though, and is amazed by some of the transactions! She is so conservative with money, and I find that a good thing! LOL

Here is a picture of her when I told her what I paid for the Wayne 805!

She's gonna kill me! LOL

Loris expression.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kev that's a great pic lmao .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
S
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
S
Lol!1 Classic Kevin!!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have an awesome wife who is also my best friend as well. she goes to all the shows with me and will walk the Hershey show from morning till night with no complaints. the few of you that have met me, can vouch for that as she is always with me. she likes the gas pumps and signs the most , oil cans not so sure. like Kevin mentioned she is surprised by values of some of this stuff. she wants me to get another pump this time a erie or tokheim clock face

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Keith,
Your wife knocked it out of the park!!!!! Kind of like my wife knocked me out of the park when I have shown her some of my finds!!!! Not really!!

Seriously, it is fun. I have 70 signs in my garage (my space) and she has been very good about it all. She did go with me to pick up a gas pump "pick" in Sulphur Springs Texas as well as to Hillsboro Texas to pick up another treasure I found there. She has been with me for 40 years. It has been all fun!!! Also...she just looked over my shoulder as I was writing this....she said that I can buy my sign as long as she gets a new pair of shoes!!!!!

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
My wife has no idea what the stuff is worth but she likes going with me on trips to find it. She is a professional stock photographer and always finds something on our trips to amuse her. We just like hanging out together. She also is involved in my antique semi truck hobby , railroad hobbies and we both have horses too. I don't care what she spends and she does not care what I spend. She also loves the pumps lit up at night and does not want any restored. Great thread ! Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Stephenwarren30
Great story Steve...the art is learning how to present our "finds" to our wives with the least collateral damage!

Thanks Stephen, I just watched the video again... still funny. I wish I could've posted the video on here. You would definitely laugh. Since I can't post the video, here is a pic of some family members I put to work on the elevator. Now I know this is a normal sight at Columbus, but this was our family reunion... Ha Haaa

IMG_0695[1].JPG

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Wow Steve! I need to start going to more family reunions. Maybe I could have better luck finding some cool stuff!
Steve

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My buddy mac the Enarco guy says it best . To his wife " Peggy Ann don't ask me how much I paid , and I wont have to lie to you " lol

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Showcase Feature Host
Showcase Feature Host
My wife loves this stuff, and is my co-pilot…Early on she told me to teach her the years makes and models of cars so I could keep my eyes on the road. She learned how to spot a classic car behind a fence or barn and could even tell me year make and model. Later as the kids came along buying cars took a back seat, but now that they are grown we’ve jumped back into road trips looking for gas pumps, signs, and anything else old and rusty. She can now spot year make and model of most pumps and identify the shape of an old painted gas station sign that has been repurposed. On a side note my son can spot a gas pump a mile off the main road and traveling at 75 mph….Love that kid!! The force is strong with him! smile

Wanted anything Flying A Gas, Signal Gas, Hancock oil co, and Sunland.

Thanks Anthony
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anthony... my wife is the same way. She has become quite the spotter! In fact, on our last road trip, we were buying some items out of an old Pure Oil jobber's shack in Georgia... the wife spotted 2 pure signs that were back-to-back in the rafters (I didnt even see them, i thought it was just an old door).

Also the best thing I ever did was teach my wife the tricks to removing staining and cleaning signs... now she loves to clean them!

MrsPure.jpg MrsClean.jpg

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Showcase Feature Host
Showcase Feature Host
Great story and pic's Bryce! I do take advantge of my wifes OCD grin by starting to clean the signs and then walking away for about 10/15 mins. By the time I return she’s full steam ahead on cleaning the remaining part of the signs. wink

Wanted anything Flying A Gas, Signal Gas, Hancock oil co, and Sunland.

Thanks Anthony
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Anthony , I had a great time meeting you and your wife when you came over. You two make a great team. Maybe see you at Bakersfield gas bash. My wife will be there too.
Tom

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved