Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
That is what I ran into years ago with bringing stuff to the Cloverdale swap meet. Was not worth the hassle. Maybe a small road there at the border somewhere. LOL

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By Oil King
The backup bidder on the Bengal sign was from Western Canada and the winning bidder of the sign is from Oregon. Many of the pumps went to a Multi Millionaire from Ontario who was there to play on the weekend and bought over $250K in pumps and signs.

I guess he had some fun at that sale!

Earl

Winning the lotto will dramatically increase a persons budget...Lol...Good on him...Enjoy it!

Daryl
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I guess us Canadians are used to going back and forth . Yes sometimes a little bit of a hassle but hardly ever . They are after the big fish in the end , not us gas and oil swap meet fellers .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Before everyone gets too excited on the $30K and $31K paid for the two visibles at BK, they should realize that was probably in Canadian $ and at todays rates would be about $23K US. The $12K example at Shackletons was fairly worn being outside for some time(I am told)and had plastic cylinders which seriously devalues it.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here's lot 438 from the October Morphy's Auction of Kyle Moore's pump collection. It was restored and did have original glass cylinders. It sold for 13,500 USD plus the fees which is almost 10K less than these last 2 referenced here in Cdn funds. I would say the pumps that sold last weekend were somewhat "inflated prices" and IMHO are not reflective of real world sale prices. You can still buy a twin clear vision up here between 12,500 and 20K Cdn depending on the condition and whether or not it has been restored. Just food for thought folks.

Earl

http://morphyauctions.hibid.com/lot/2125...amp;ref=catalog

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
That pump was a buy for sure even though the premium boosted the price. Compare that to the price of cylinders up there at that last auction.

Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Wed Oct 28 2015 02:24 PM.

Craig
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yep Craig I couldn't believe how cheap that one went . Double cylinder , last sale not in good shape brought 2500 for one cylinder .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved