Next Thread
Print Thread
#616218 Thu Jun 04 2015 01:03 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I am appalled at how this show is being run, or not run I should say! I am not one to complain unless it's warranted but many many people have contacted me and since January trying to find out about their space, their room, etc. No return calls, no posting, no nothing. People need to plan time off and family vacations, etc. I have always promoted this show in a positive manner with good reviews and tell people it's one of the best. Someone needs to take this show over and run it professionally before it's run into the ground! No way to help this hobby folks! Scott Benjamin

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
scottpcm #616227 Thu Jun 04 2015 02:26 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
As a collector I enjoy the show greatly, never a vendor. However, I have heard and seen too many times this goes down to the very end before the show starts and people get very frustrated. It is a whole year between shows and I agree step it up and get it right or step out and let someone else run the show.

Thanks, Phil
philmccauley #616243 Thu Jun 04 2015 05:27 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Well said...We just need a well run show for the sake of the hobby. I don't have the time to run one otherwise I would. We started PCM Magazine 21 years ago because CTO Magazine was heading down hill and now it's almost gone-two issues in the last 10 months I've heard? If you can't run the show give it to someone who can! Peple need to know months in advance what's going on not two weeks ahead of time.

scottpcm #616300 Fri Jun 05 2015 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I called them about a month and a half ago to get info on availability and to date have not received a return call. So I'm passing on this show.

Last edited by Done4; Fri Jun 05 2015 10:36 AM.

Have gas all the time
Done4 #616302 Fri Jun 05 2015 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I paid the $50 registration fee before I left last year's show, and received a link to complete registration and get the hotel room, etc. on May 20th...sent payment and got confirmation right away...

...I'm just curious as to how many people did the pre-registration and are still having problems, or if the folks who are having the problems did not pre-register...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #616303 Fri Jun 05 2015 08:08 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
The show really went to the dogs when they changed it to Friday and Saturday. By noon Saturday the place is a ghost town.

TerryL #616309 Fri Jun 05 2015 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
im curious if all the people that are having difficulties have tried registering & booking via CTO's online form?

I have used it 2 years in a row with success

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
TerryL #616313 Fri Jun 05 2015 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: TerryL
The show really went to the dogs when they changed it to Friday and Saturday. By noon Saturday the place is a ghost town.
When the show used to "officially" be from Thursday through Saturday it was a ghost town by 10:00 AM Friday.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Lastgas15 #616330 Fri Jun 05 2015 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will say this I do think there is room for improvement as far as getting info to people. One thing I like about this show is that it is a true two day show. I don't have to show up Sunday for a show on Friday. You show up Thursday afternoon and it's over by Saturday morning. No reason to show up early as vending is not allowed. Everybody gets the same chance and I don't have to burn a weeks vacation. Kathleen in my opinion does a good job of keeping that from happening. I will continue to support this show for that reason. One more thing the setup is great with how the hotel is laid out.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #616331 Fri Jun 05 2015 01:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: s932
I will say this I do think there is room for improvement as far as getting info to people. One thing I like about this show is that it is a true two day show. I don't have to show up Sunday for a show on Friday. You show up Thursday afternoon and it's over by Saturday morning. No reason to show up early as vending is not allowed. Everybody gets the same chance and I don't have to burn a weeks vacation. Kathleen in my opinion does a good job of keeping that from happening. I will continue to support this show for that reason. One more thing the setup is great with how the hotel is laid out.

Well said Shawn.
The improvement needs to be in communication.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
s932 #616332 Fri Jun 05 2015 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: s932

...what he said...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #616431 Sat Jun 06 2015 01:42 PM
C
C
CTO SHOW UPDATE: If you registered for the 2013 or 2014 Show or pre-registered for the 2015 show and have NOT received an email, please check your SPAM or junk mail. If you would like to get on the email list or have changed your email address, please email me info@CTOhotline.com. Another email update is scheduled this evening.

We are posting updates on Facebook.com/Check the Oil.

Indoor ballroom and second floor is sold out. We have increased the number of outdoor spaces and only have a few remaining.

Our sleeping room block has also been increased by the hotel, though confirmation procedures have changed. Contacting Check the Oil! is the only way to secure a room because we want to make sure our registered attendees and vendors have rooms before the general public. We had a few problems last year with disappointed vendors!

Best way to register is to use the secure on-line store. www.CTOhotline.com.

The show is ALWAYS the weekend AFTER Father's Day and the 2016 Show is confirmed at the Dublin Embassy Suites, June 23 at 4 pm – June 25 noon. Preregistration begins at 8 am on Saturday, June 27. Registration on-line will open January 1, just like this year. "Date Reminder" postcards will be at the Show as always!

See you in a few weeks, Kathleen
PS Yes I am in the office on a Saturday smile

gulfiend! #616534 Sun Jun 07 2015 04:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...I paid the $50 registration fee before I left last year's show, and received a link to complete registration and get the hotel room, etc. on May 20th...sent payment and got confirmation right away...

...I'm just curious as to how many people did the pre-registration and are still having problems, or if the folks who are having the problems did not pre-register...
X2. Or register at all? There is a website with info and contact information available...

JimT #616578 Sun Jun 07 2015 11:19 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Well said Shawn!
I too paid the 50 registration fee last year at end of show smile
I also signed up online for my spots and room and got confirmation in April..
Very excited for the show! See everyone there!!!
All of the shows have their faults, But this show and Iowa gas are the Biggest and Best Shows of the year. I particularily like this show because of the motel set-up smile

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved