Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: signgod2112 IS THIS HUMBLE SIGN REAL? - Wed Jun 08 2011 09:01 PM
AS I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF TO BE A NON EXPERT, DO YOU THINK THIS SIGN IS REAL? THE BACK OF THE SIGN HAS ME STUMPED WITH ALL THE RUST ON IT. THE SELLER HAS A TOTAL OF 6 OF THEM. I MIGHT BID ON IT? 290574925600
Posted By: moore798 Re: IS THIS HUMBLE SIGN REAL? - Wed Jun 08 2011 09:24 PM
Looks fishy to me.Has anyone ever seen an original of this type?
Posted By: always lookin Re: IS THIS HUMBLE SIGN REAL? - Wed Jun 08 2011 09:44 PM
Check his feedback. The last 2 buyers of one of his 6 signs were happy. If that means anything...
Posted By: DIESEL Re: IS THIS HUMBLE SIGN REAL? - Wed Jun 08 2011 10:01 PM
It's real, for sure, without a doubt.There were many variations over the years with this particular sign ,some batches were super flimsy "no back bone" & others were heavy gauge steel & "real thick"! Red background logo ,white back ground logo,& esso extra "continuously improved" pump plates i have found these differences on!That particular seller ran into a lot of 12 near Houston TX ,i have done business with him in the past & also bought the two red logo pump plates that he had out of the lot !BE SURE TO LET HIM KNOW THAT SIGNS DAMAGE EASILY IN TRANSIT! LOL.....ACTUALLY ITS NOT FUNNY, BUT ONE OF THE PUMP PLATES I BOUGHT, HE ENDED UP LETTING ME HAVE BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE A "TACO SUPREME" WHEN IT SHOWED UP IN THE MAIL...."PACKAGED HORRIBLY" I'M SURE IT WILL SHOW UP IN A CRATE AFTER OUR EXPERIENCE,BUT THE SELLER HANDLED IT PROFESSIONALLY,AND I LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK REFLECTING JUST THAT!This sign came from him. good luck & i hope that helps some!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: IS THIS HUMBLE SIGN REAL? - Wed Jun 08 2011 10:38 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO CHRIS
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk