Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hurryin Hoosier Round Indian Gasoline Pump Plates - Wed Aug 14 2019 08:31 PM
There currently seem to be a lot of 12" round Indian Gasoline pump plates on eBay. I some regards they look genuine, but in others they look suspicious. The font for "GASOLINE" looks irregular and the have a "29" at the bottom. Indian Refining Company didn't start using this design pump plates until after The Texas Company took them over in 1931. (This 29 might mean sign number 29, I guess.) Any thoughts?
Posted By: advertologist Re: Round Indian Gasoline Pump Plates - Wed Aug 14 2019 10:15 PM
here is the sign of subject, the '29 is supposedly a date too deceive the un-educated - this sign has minimal value & is a fantasy sign .. ... cool

welcome too oldgas ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-INDIAN-GASOLINE-PORCELAIN-GAS-PUMP-SIGN-DATED-1929/202753585500

Attached picture 1indrepo.jpg
Posted By: Hurryin Hoosier Re: Round Indian Gasoline Pump Plates - Wed Aug 14 2019 10:54 PM
That's kind of what I suspected. Care to buy one? wink
Posted By: TheHorse13 Re: Round Indian Gasoline Pump Plates - Thu Aug 15 2019 12:14 AM
There seems to be a massive fake sign operation going on in Tennessee these days.
Posted By: Hurryin Hoosier Re: Round Indian Gasoline Pump Plates - Fri Aug 16 2019 12:35 AM
Interesting that you say that. There has been some joker in Tennessee who has a lengthy record of "creating" old Colt and Smith & Wesson handgun boxes. Maybe it's a cottage industry!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk