Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: coopersplace Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 03:10 PM
I spent most of last Saturday finally rehanging a lot of my general store signs in my kitchen. I took them down about 6 years ago to repaint the kitchen but they never got put back up. Over the years I have added a few more to the collection with the intention to display them on the walls and that has now finally happened. I do have one more to put up which is a Salada Tea sign which has a pronounced curve. None of my clips will hold it down flat against the plaster wall. It pulls out the screws. What I am hoping is that there may be some very narrow metal channel that I can slide along the top and bottom edges and then mount that to the wall. I would welcome any other suggestions as to how I can hang this sign. Cheers, Don.

Attached picture rsz_1img_1494.jpg
Attached picture rsz_img_1495.jpg
Attached picture rsz_2img_1496.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1img_1497.jpg
Posted By: hawkike Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 03:19 PM
Nice display! Anchors will surely hold it flat.

smile
Posted By: Gaspedler Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 07:09 PM
Very nice display. The color of that wall realy makes them vibrant.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 08:17 PM
Don, you've really made that wall, come alive!

Mick, better hope that Maria doesn't see this thread... Or he will have to stop looking for "Petro related Clocks". And instead, he will be looking for a similar clock for her....
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 08:28 PM
Don you obviously like TEA as much as merlot. Nice wall for sure. No suggestions on the curved Salada sign from me.
Man all those signs were hanging off the walls and around the stores of my youth. A little foresight and a screwdriver I'd have the same collection. If I didn't caught that is. BTW nice to be your own boss and "get away" with signs in the kitchen.
Posted By: coopersplace Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Mar 29 2014 09:44 PM
Wall anchors are holding, thanks for the suggestion! I am actually a heavy coffee drinker but a large jug of ice tea in the fridge has always been a family tradition even back when I lived in the service station. Salada was the only brand mom would buy. Hard to find these days. The wall colour is a bit darker since the window is on the north side, the flash lightens it up. Cheers, Don.

Attached picture rsz_img_1505.jpg
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sun Mar 30 2014 12:14 AM
Deck Screws into studs will pull it flat
Posted By: nam5072 Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Apr 05 2014 01:32 AM
That's a kitchen I'd like to eat in.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Apr 05 2014 01:59 PM
I have a few signs hung in the kitchen as well.

Attached picture 172.JPG
Attached picture 170.JPG
Attached picture 171.JPG
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Signs in the kitchen - Sat Apr 05 2014 02:20 PM
Define "few"? LOL
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Signs in the kitchen - Mon Apr 07 2014 01:22 AM
you guys aren"t married are you ?????????? lol
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Signs in the kitchen - Mon Apr 07 2014 12:16 PM
Originally Posted By: redindianguy
you guys aren"t married are you ?????????? lol

Exactly what I was thinking. My wife would laugh her self into the bathroom if I even suggested it.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Signs in the kitchen - Mon Apr 07 2014 12:49 PM
There is a stove, refrigerator and sink in the room. So I guess it is a kitchen. The stove was used a few weeks ago to make a grilled cheeses. The refrigerator is for keeping the milk, cheese and ice cream from going bad,{ need milk for the cereal} and the sink is for cleaning oil cans and signs.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Signs in the kitchen - Wed Apr 09 2014 12:13 AM
See there is a sink.

Attached picture 047.JPG
Attached picture 048.JPG
Attached picture 049.JPG
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Signs in the kitchen - Fri Apr 11 2014 04:06 AM
That fridge is really cool, pun intended. I imagine you have a lot of mystified guests when show them that room. But I like it!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk