Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Let er' Buck wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 11:52 AM
Well it's 9 degrees here and snowing just finished shoveling and fingers are frozen tonight is supposed to be down to -15 I can hardly contain my joy.....

Bob.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 12:39 PM
Morning all, Seen on the news where you are getting hammered.
Be here in the form of rain tonight turning to sleet and snow later Thursday and Friday.
Going to take the mom to the graveyard today to put flowers on graves,then head down to house in the country and do a few things.
HAGD-ALL!

Detroit city employed retirees to receive 16 cents on the dollar.
Just think 3000 per month too 400. That just stinks!!
Posted By: oilmanpat Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 12:47 PM
Morning all. 50 degrees here this morning and is to be 20s tonight. I just got the arrows off of a big Sunoco sign and will be selling on here later today if I get time. HAGD all...
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 01:04 PM
Morning all! 7 degrees here and supposed to be below zero by noon! Bobs weather continues its march to the east and south!
Looks like it will be worde over the next few days with temps dropping even further!
I'm headed out to the heated shop to spend the day working on my projects!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Attached picture Morning snow 001.JPG
Posted By: toychaser2005 Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 02:34 PM
we're getting pounded with snow up here windy too
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 02:37 PM
18 here today, on the way to 2 by the end of the week. Have three inches of wet snow so should protect the new wheat crop. Too cold to paint. Things have been backing up again. Off to the shop. Richard
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 02:47 PM
It's been awhile since I have wore more than a T-shirt at work, might have to make ya feel better & wear a Short Sleeve today! I work Outside. Still in the LOW 70's.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 03:15 PM
Morning everyone! 19 degrees here right now with a blistering North wind! A couple flakes of snow in the air, but no accumulation.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 03:42 PM
Good morning gang!

This is the first I have been on oldgas since Monday night. I have been in my plow truck pretty much non stop. I want to say we have gotten an honest 14 inches in the last 24 hours with the worst to come yet today. The forecasters are saying 30+ inches by the end of the storm sometime tomorrow. I am at the shop now doing a few minor repairs on my plow truck, then heading back out. At 4pm I have ski patrol, snow should be awesome!

Have a good day everybody!
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 03:43 PM
Morning all. It's always nice to look at the forecast map and see that you are smack dab in the middle of the worst predicted band of snow and ice! Southwest MO is in for a sloppy mess at the least and a blizzard at the worst along with the single digit temps that Kevin is sending us. Oh well, it's winter...at least for most of us. I still wouldn't trade the snow for your traffic DB.
Posted By: BryceG Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 03:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Rabbitman
I still wouldn't trade the snow for your traffic DB.

I 2nd that!
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 04:26 PM
Well here in the great white north it is really white. I was in Chile and Argentina on Monday with temps of 90F and came home to -4F and 4-8 ft snow drifts. Great parks and tourism venues down there but if you want to see garbage everywhere....
Didn't see any rogue porcelain sign makers down there. In fact minimal metal signage most of it is plastic.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 04:43 PM
Well when I said wicked Wednesday I never expected to have the grim reaper show up but while shoving the walks here at work look who showed up to inspire me!

Glad tomorrow is Friday for me but unfortunately I'll be following the storm to Omaha on Sunday for a week of brain scrambling aka training for uncle pete that'll be fun....

Bob
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 04:49 PM
I went to Argentina two years ago. I had fun and glad I went but wow, talk about cultural shock. Like you say, garbage is just thrown wherever they feel like it, it's nasty. Also, they next time you think you are on a bad road here, think again. The county roads here in MO are like super highways down there. Taxes really suck, but if you look at what we are used to here in north America and then visit a third world country, it doesn't seem so bad....
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 08:11 PM
Chile is a real treat but Urban Argentina was a whole other experience. The people were all friendly, we weren't threatened in any way but yes the culture shock, garbage and graffiti (like the reaper above but on new and old buildings)and refugee tenements is distracting. The sidewalks in Buenos Aires are not walks anymore, the concrete so degraded, it is hazardous to walk with your eyes up. The food was great and the prices we were charged were OK even with the taxes. However the locals saw their Argentinian Peso devalued 20% while we were there. That has to make for a lot of unhappy people. It is not a third world country, judging by the apartment blocks, office buildings, Mercedes, Porches and BMers, but it sure is trying to get there!
Dogs are often abandoned there and are well taken care of-didn't see a skinny scrawny one at all (another reason to keep your eyes on the ground BTW). They followed the rules of the road too, well at least the survivors do!
Posted By: Alex Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 09:23 PM
Minus 9 for us today. I say we all meet in Vegas and drive to DB's house in CA and beat the cr@p out of him....just kidding.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 10:05 PM
Thanks a lot guys!! Was almost fifty today. With a big drop to the teens coming our way for the weekend!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: wicked Wednesday - Wed Dec 04 2013 11:14 PM
Traffic where I live ain't bad & I STAY AWAY from LA
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: wicked Wednesday - Thu Dec 05 2013 03:31 AM
Good night everybody,
29 degrees right now. We had a high of 40 with sun and beautiful blue skies. Grandkids had fun decorating the tree tonight.
May God bless us all,
Mike
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: wicked Wednesday - Thu Dec 05 2013 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Alex
Minus 9 for us today. I say we all meet in Vegas and drive to DB's house in CA and beat the cr@p out of him....just kidding.

SUCK IT UP Alex. IF you came for a visit in Winter, ya'd NEVER GO HOME! WE have Enough ALIENS HERE NOW!
Your Dialect is a Fore'n Language, Too.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk