Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Nicole Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 03:54 AM
Was up late working on an art project and thought I'd go on line before bed. Check out the really cool Goggle Doodle celebrating what would have been Maurice Sendak's 85 birthday. It's up here at 12:50 a.m. May not come to the west coast till after midnight your time.

Overnight and later in the day expected to be a rainy, thundery day...plan to work in the studio if I have enough light.

You all take care!
Nicole
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 09:36 AM
Good monday morning!

After having nearly 5" of rain on friday, our weekend was awesome! Got alot done around the garage and yard. Today, we are expecting showers and thunderboomers probably after NOON!

Yesterday at the re-use center at the dump I found an old 1967 album/LP titled "Long Island Banjo Society." I grabbed it and later in the day I spotted my Banjo playing jazz musician teacher friends car outside an eatery. I went in and asked him how many of these he already had. His eyes just lit up because there was a signature on the cover from a banjo playing guy he knew that just died at age 100! He said, this one is getting framed! It was a world series home run! smile smile smile

HAGD!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 11:31 AM
Good morning gang.

Rained cats and dogs yesterday, sure has been a wet spring/early summer. Hopefully it will dry out over the next couple of days. I have to get a customers ASV skidsteer pulled out of a yard and onto a rollback. The pump assembly came loose from the engine and wrecked the coupler, so it does not move.

Have a good day everybody!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 12:06 PM
Morning Oldgasers, Rain overnight little over a in. We need a couple of dry days also. Headed out for some mower parts. John Deere dealer 3 miles away, did I buy one nope my parts house is 50 miles away. I found a place with two buildings covered with petro signs the other day out bike riding so I can ck it out on the way back.

HAGD-ALL!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 12:20 PM
Morning all! Yikes, is it raining everywhere? We can't seem to dry out up here!
We did yard work and housework and everything else that the Waeden had on her list yesterday. And when I say LIST, I mean it! She writes this stuff down and checks it off as we go. Ya can't sneak anything by her! LOL
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 01:12 PM
Kevin...what's a "Waeden?" Even spellcheck would catch that! LOL!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 08:34 PM
Good afternoon all! A double install today,and I'm beat! Now it's miller time! Guess some worker stubbed his toe at one of the Indiana refineries,so gas now up to 4.39 a gallon around here.5.00 bucks is gonna happen soon I bet!threat of rain all day,but didnt happen,that's ok,I goats work to do! Hagr8 day! Mick
Posted By: gaspumpdon Re: Monday Happy B-day Maurice Sendak - Mon Jun 10 2013 09:30 PM
You sure it isn't another tax increase by your government???? I'm just across the river gas here is $3.33!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk