Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas globe guy Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:00 PM
Hello all,

I have to sell part of my collection to recoup my money from getting scammed. I need to recoup $350. I will post pics of what I am selling. I will be taking offers. I am depressed...

Thanks
Noah
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:09 PM
Whoa! How did you get scammed?
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:11 PM
look in the non petro section. Or in my posts.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:19 PM
Just slow down and don't do anything rash that you will regret later.
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:21 PM
I know that. I know what I want to sell. They can be found easy. I just need to recoup the $350. I know what is rare and not an everyday item. I will sell the stuff that I know I won't regret. Thanks.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:47 PM
Believe it or not,I had a similar situation happen to me.
I frantically sold something to cover the cost of something I felt a long distance seller had scammed me out of.

So I sold a priced possession from my collection,only to have the long distance seller,whom I thought scammed me,eventually come out of the woodwork and send me the item as promised.
And then to add insult to injury,I see the prized possession I just sold,bring 3X more on eBay,then I sold it for.

....So today,I regret selling that prized possession.
And no regrets buying that long distance item I thought I was being scammed out of.

Patience..
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:48 PM
Ok, so your saying I should wait and see what happens?
Posted By: BryceG Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:51 PM
just live by the golden rule of any collecting hobby, if you don't have it to spend, then dont spend it. keep a seperate 'mad money' fund.

Not that it would sting any less to get burned like this, but at least you wouldnt then have to sell off any items in your collection.

on another note, I emailed the seller to see if they still had it available for sale, this should at least tell us if its a scam or a misunderstanding
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 04:54 PM
Thanks Bryce, and the funny thing is, I have a Golden Rule lens, lol.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 05:26 PM
SO WHAT YA SELLING?
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 05:39 PM
I hope it works out for ya...Brian
Posted By: BryceG Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 05:45 PM
just so you know, I got a reply from the seller of the sign and he/she said 'No' its no longer for sale.

so maybe they fully intend to send your sign still?
Posted By: trifiver Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 05:59 PM
Me to
see below

No

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2013, at 2:37 PM, "craigslist reply c8fa" <c8fa5ef772c1361f8c6eadc32e21d11b@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:

Hi Is this still for sale?

Thanks Sid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original craigslist post:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/atq/3694078584.html
About craigslist mail:
http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
http://craigslist.org/mf/e24884f591f38e68e6504d0597c4c90994c02fca
Posted By: 57SKYLINER Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 06:17 PM
hey noah,give it a lil
more time before u sell.
see if its sent.
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 06:18 PM
Thanks guys! They weren't responding and mom said for me to post this, so...
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 06:21 PM
It's good to post on here because there are alot of helpful people on this site and also have experience with alot of situations. Hopefully you'll get your sign soon.

Brian
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 06:57 PM
I had that happen with a ECO 15 air meter The guy just disappeared for about 2 1/2 weeks then the thing shows up at my door So you never know
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Selling part of my collection - Fri Apr 12 2013 08:28 PM
Hope, it works out for you...I hate liars and thieves.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk