Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasoildude Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 02:16 PM
Good morning fellow gas geeks. Have the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds today. Have to get things ready for Peotone today so I can roll out next Saturday. Well off to start the day. Have a good weekend smile
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 03:36 PM
Hi Brad, all...
Cloudy day in Hillsdale today....some snow is expected throughout the day, but not much I hope.
I've been thinking about reorganizing the Mobil can collection as I have some shelves double stacked and cans sitting on the kitchen table, but it's such an undertaking I've been putting if off, lol. I don't like having things two deep as it impedes the view of the collection and looks disorganized to me. I think I might need more shelving as well, so as Ms. Scarlett O'Hara said, "I'll think about that tomorrow"! smile
Have a good day all,
Darin
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 03:44 PM
Good morning Brad, Darin and the gang,
Cloudy and cool, maybe some rain. Hoping to get a new to me sign hung up. We'll see. Michelle is starting to feel better and might what to get out of the house. Great day for life. May God bless us all.
Mike
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 03:58 PM
Morning all.

Rainy and ***** here. Waiting for the big game to start. Got dad coming over to watch on the big screen and surround. Have little to eat and drink and kick back!!

Probably about the same for tomorrow.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 04:32 PM
Good Morning everyone,

Sunny and on our way to just above freezing. Some snow melting now with help from sunshine. More snow supposed to come on Monday/Tuesday. Guess I'm not going to wash the truck just yet.

Here's a woodpecker at our feeder made for much smaller birds. Worked hard to bend around to get into the little hole right at the perch. He may not have gotten anything.

Have a great day out there in Oldgasland!

Attached picture woodpecker-feeder.jpg
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 04:50 PM
Decent day on tap,mix of sun and clouds mid 30's. going to my brother-inlaw's birthday party later today. have a good one. ;;;;;;Ron Lease-Collector.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 06:44 PM
Nice red-headed woodpecker! I see them around here too....noisey little peckers LOL!

Overcast and raining here. I kinda still feel like the weather. I did manage to get up early and check out an estate sale some 20 miles away. Came home happy....of course I was the first one in the door which helped alot smile No petro though frown

HAGSA!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sat Feb 23 2013 07:11 PM
Lo all! In the garage packing and pricing stuff for peotone.the little edge is gonna be loaded to the hilt,decided not to bring the trailer.wife is telling me she needs a suburban again!(note.to self...... When going to auto show, do not let wife sit in .$62,000 suburban.) here's a pic of my friend Dennis.. I'm not there and I have no idea!
. Hagr8 day all!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Sun Feb 24 2013 12:23 AM
Goodnight all, sounds like we are headed for bed huh?

Mick I think Dennis will be fine he is still upright.

HAGD-NIGHT -ALL!
Posted By: Nicole Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Mon Feb 25 2013 12:33 AM
Jim,

That looks to be a pilated woodpecker. They are very big--between a bluejay and a crow in size. They are not common around here, I've only seen one from the distance. We get red-headed (smooth heads) and downy's at our feeder.

Ours eats peanuts. They also eat a peanut butter cornmeal and fat (crisco or lard) mixture that we make up. Do not put straight peanut butter out as is sticks in birds craws and can kill them. frown You can also get suet cakes for them.

Cool to see it at the feeder. Must be very hungry because the are notoriously shy...
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Mon Feb 25 2013 01:32 AM
Had a wood pecker here many years ago during my younger days.took me awhile to figure out who the heck was pounding on my wall at 12 pm waking me up from a sound sleep!!
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Saturday Roll Call. - Mon Feb 25 2013 01:36 AM
Mick, good thing your friend Dennis wasn't banging his hardhat on your house or it may've crumbled! smile
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk