Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 03:00 AM
Well, I guess I ruffled some of your feathers. Finally someone tried to ban my IP. Good try, not going to work. If you really wanted me to leave the just say it. I'm not going to leave, but you can say whatever. I guess I'll just stick to selling stuff and asking value questions since I'm not welcome anywhere else.

There's a lot of complete (censored word) on this site, far more than any other site I've seen.

I've dealt with a few of you buying or selling and you know my true colors. To those who I've made deals with, I thank you for the opportunity and hope you will continue to deal with me in the future, on this site or not.

I'd like to talk to whoever decided to pull the plug, so to speak, on me. I won't ever go away, this hobby is in my blood. After all of you pass, who is going to carry on your legacies? I for sure wont. I won't carry on the legacy of someone who wouldn't even be polite on a public forum. I can't imagine what dealing with you in public would be like. I wonder how many other people you have thrown off the boat to drown. If the site keeps up as-is everyone will be in the water.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 03:02 AM
So much to learn grasshopper. ; )
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 03:17 AM
Registering a second identity is against this forum's Membership Agreement. That is the reason for the IP block on your phone.

Using unacceptable language is also against the Membership Agreement. That post was removed.
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 03:24 AM
Guilty on that charge. I was planning on using it to start over again because everyone pretty much ignores me and criticizes me anyway. IP bans don't work on phones though, for future reference.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 03:28 AM
Why is it, every time a newby gets upset... They comment about... there will be no one to carry on, when we go to that "Big Gas Station in the Sky"? (I'm optimistic... about the direction I am heading when I pass.... LOL)

The Hobby has been "carrying on" for over 70 years now, with no problems.... Most of the "pioneers" that started the Hobby, are gone.... The Hobby hasn't crashed, nor is it declining.... When the second generation passes on, there will be another to take their place...

This Hobby has tens of thousands of Hobbists that don't gather on Oldgas or The Pitstop....

Felix, personally I think that if you had taken the time to learn even a little... That before throwing out opinions and comments about other Collectors, you had shown that you had knowledge.... The Membership would have at times "rode you" somewhat.... But, they would have respected your knowledge....

There are some I have rubbed the wrong way here on Oldgas (I know it is hard to believe).... Hopefully most here respect my knowledge? I realize that there are many times, I have ensured that they didn't respect me as a person. Mostly because I'm was/am acting like a "pain in the kiester"!
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 09:30 AM
Seems like everytime I'm here, I discover another drama unfolding? Why is that? Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: gasmansgp
Seems like everytime I'm here, I discover another drama unfolding? Why is that? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I agree 110% Paul. That is one of the biggest reasons I do not post on here as much as I used too. I like the hobby & love the people I have met doing it but am sick of the complaining,ranting & acting like little kids instead of mature adults!!! If I wanted complaining & fighting kids I would fill my 3 boys full of sugar & lock them in a room LoL. I could go on & on but Im stopping here.

PS-This is a great site for those who use it the way it was intended!!!!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 01:03 PM
I don't get ti... people come on here and make a "issues" and don't play nice with others and Jim sends them warnings. Then they get mad and rant even more... then they get banned and blame Jim.

Jim doesn't ban just anyone... only people that have issues on this site.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 08:07 PM
With that attitude,methinks you will be gone before you know it.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish

According to him he cant be stopped.... Retry....
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish

According to him he cant be stopped.... Retry....

But can be FLUSHED!
ROTF,LMAO
Posted By: Gaspedler Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 09:45 PM
"who is going to carry on your legacies?"

My kids will carry on my legacy and they have already picked out the junk yard they will carry it too smile
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Tue Oct 23 2012 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: gasoildude

I agree 110% Paul. That is one of the biggest reasons I do not post on here as much as I used too. I like the hobby & love the people I have met doing it but am sick of the complaining,ranting & acting like little kids instead of mature adults!!! I could go on & on but Im stopping here.

I'm with ya' on this. More so, on the last part...
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Wed Oct 24 2012 01:06 AM

I agree 100%!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Wed Oct 24 2012 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Thunder II
Originally Posted By: gasoildude

I agree 110% Paul. That is one of the biggest reasons I do not post on here as much as I used too. I like the hobby & love the people I have met doing it but am sick of the complaining,ranting & acting like little kids instead of mature adults!!! I could go on & on but Im stopping here.

I'm with ya' on this. More so, on the last part...

Thunder pants, your back again!! Good to hear from you buddy!
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Wed Oct 24 2012 04:01 AM
[quote=Ryan Underthun

Thunder pants, your back again!! Good to hear from you buddy! [/quote]

(Blushing) Stop it!!!
Posted By: bwfergus Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 01:50 AM
TheRoyalCrown, By looking at some of your posts, I know we are about the same age and both college students. I don't know how long you have been around this hobby, or the antique/collectible field. I have been around it my whole 20 years on this earth, and activly selling for the last 10. That is a drop in the bucket to many of the veteran collectors out there. If there is one thing you must learn, it is "Children are to be seen and not heard". I am not calling you or anyone a child. I refer to this saying because new collectors/novice collectors(INCLUDING MYSELF), many consider as children. They do not want someone who has only been at this a little while spouting their opinions. They worked hard to be able to voice their opinions, and they want us to do the same. Nothing was ever gained for free, but by hard work, and a good attitude much can be obtained. I hate to see any young person upset with this hobby. Once again this I am not calling anyone out. But when one of the vets voices his opposing opinion to you, just sit back, listen to it, and try and see it from his perspective. Many times you will notice they are right or at least partially right. They have had years to form an opinion and base facts supporting it. Us on the other hand have only had a few years to do so.

Brandon W. Ferguson
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 10:09 AM
You're wise beyond your years Brandon. Ron Lease ;;;;;;;;;;
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 10:43 AM
Originally Posted By: oillease55
You're wise beyond your years Brandon. Ron Lease ;;;;;;;;;;

I agree with Ron. Very well said Brandon!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: bwfergus
They do not want someone who has only been at this a little while spouting their opinions. Brandon W. Ferguson

...Brandon, I would add that if you are a new collector who has factual information (i.e., previously unknown documented evidence of when such-and-such a logo was used) that we all would like to hear about it...

...I would also say that the assumption that 'vets' have an obligation to answer any and all questions from whomever is just wrong-headed...Nicole once made an analogy (comparing asking questions of the more experienced, to spending a finite amount of gold coins) that I thought was spot-on...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 08:20 PM
Evidently TRC was standing too close to the drain plug when he pulled it loose!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Thu Oct 25 2012 08:26 PM
Lmao!
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Fri Oct 26 2012 12:53 AM
Now I'm stuck in the drain pipe!
Posted By: bwfergus Re: Trying to get rid of me....retry - Fri Oct 26 2012 02:48 AM
Gulfiend,
If I gave the impression that I think the vets should answer any and all questions, that is not what I meant not do I think they should. It should be looked at as a PRIVLIGE for a veteran collector to answer questions.

Sorry if it came off that way!

Thanks,
Brandon Ferguson
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk