Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Thu Aug 16 2012 08:46 PM
It currently doesn't light up, so I need to find out if it's missing the bulb, if it's burnt out, or maybe it's missing the light mech. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. I'm not a nugrape person, so I don't know how much it's worth either. I know ones on eBay now for $204 with 5 days left.

Posted By: bwfergus Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Thu Aug 16 2012 09:38 PM
Can you get some side views, and top and bottom views? That would help alot, and clearer pictures so you can see if it is a rivet, screw, bolt, etc.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Thu Aug 16 2012 09:41 PM
Is that a door on the back?looks like it might lift up,pull out bottom,and then pull back down and out?notice the spaces at the top. Nice looking clock!
From what I've seen from item descriptions its supposed to slide? Not sure about that though. It acts like it wants to slide but doesn't move but maybe a few centimeters.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Thu Aug 16 2012 09:49 PM
Would only have to slide up till notches on top hit.then bottom should come out. Try a pic in better light without the flash,may be able to make it out a little better then.at this point I'm only guessing. Kinda like a furnace cover
I figured it out, the back has thin metal that flexes and opens.

Turns out the cord that went to the light bulb had been disconnected! Quick plug in and:
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Thu Aug 16 2012 10:06 PM
cool
It's definitely a bright one, lights up my room!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Fri Aug 17 2012 01:32 AM
Dang, I was gonna suggest a Case of Cold ones & a ...........
And a NOS bottle of nugrape right? laugh
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Fri Aug 17 2012 02:10 AM
Not Heavy enough & hand hold is too short.
Posted By: JimT Re: How do I open the back of this Swihart clock? - Fri Aug 17 2012 08:24 AM
You should put a small bulb in there or you will burn the advertising.
It has a circle fluorescent bulb in it, not your average bulb. I don't think it produces any heat. I left it on for a few hours and it was still cool.
Use your flash and take a pic while it's lit up....it should look readable on that side angle.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk