Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 12:57 AM
July 10 was a big day for the Warden, as she retired after 18 1/2 years with Blue Cross of North Dakota! The health insurance business was just getting too stressful and she had enough time in to be eligible for a full retirement!
We have been planning a trip to Alaska for some time now, but it seems like there was always something getting in the way. With her job out of the picture and myself in good health, there is nothing in the way and we depart this Saturday the 15th of july! We are driving the entire distance and pulling a light weight camper behind our Ford half ton.
We have no agenda and no reason to hurry, so we intend to be gone for a couple of months. Yes, THATS RIGHT--MONTHS!!!! This is going to be as laid back a trip as we have ever taken and I do believe we will enjoy the heck out of it! We have a great set of neighbors watching the house for us, and getting the lawn mowed, so we are pretty well covered!
Since we are traveling with a pickup, there should even be room to cart a few treasures home, if we chance upon anything special! LOL
Here is a picture of her taken outside the office with a surprise visit from her sister! That's the Warden on the left, for those of you that have never met her yet. Hopefully she will find time for a couple gas & oil shows now that she has a little more free time. LOL I am pretty blessed to have a partner that enjoys the same things that I do and is willing to hit the road with me for that much time! Life is good!!

Attached picture Lori's Retirement.jpg
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 01:04 AM
Congrats to your wife on retirement, and both of you enjoy that trip! WOW, no agenda, just taking it easy down the road, can't get much better than that! smile Enjoy the scenery...
Darin
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 01:17 AM
Have fun, if you get close to Walla Walla stop by. They have a lot of wineries in the area. My pump collection keeps growing. Richard
Posted By: Speedracer Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 04:37 AM
Congrats to your wife and have fun On your road trip. Alaska is a beautiful place. When you are in Anchorage, go eat at the Moose's Tooth on the Old Seward Highway. It is THE best pizza. They have about 40 pizzas on the menu. Order 2 or 3 different ones and throw the left overs in the fridge. You won't be disappointed. Great beer too, if you like beer. Another fun thing to do if your there at the end of August is to hit the Alaska State Fair in Palmer (it's about an hour from anchorage, if I remember correctly). It's not a huge deal, but I thought it was cool seeing all of the giant vegetables in the contest, because of the 20 hours of daylight. 64 pound cantaloupes, 35 pound head of broccoli, 150 pound watermelon, etc. You will have a great time. Bring a good set of binoculars to look at bears and wildlife.
Posted By: Stu K. Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 09:43 AM
Congratulations, and enjoy yourselves.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 10:45 AM
Good times ahead.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 11:04 AM
Kevin, Congratulations to your wife. I'm sure you both will enjoy you trip. My wife and I have been there 5 times including May of this year. It is breathtaking and makes the rest of the country look much smaller. Skagway is a great town. You can ferry across to Haines then continue on through the Yukon to Tok and beyond. Be sure to get down to Seward and Homer. You won't be sorry. Fishing Homer is a must. Good trip and be safe. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 11:36 AM
Kevin, Congratulations to your wife on her retirement! Safe travels to the both of you. Enjoy every minute of what sounds like the trip of a lifetime.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 11:37 AM
Congratulations on the retirement! Have a safe and fun trip!
Posted By: KYGULF Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 11:37 AM
Congrats to your wife's retirement and have a great trip!

Brian
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 01:23 PM
Congratulations to the Warden on her retirement. Kevin, I guess you know that means a full time warden to keep you on the straight and narrow now! The Alaska trip is a great way to kick things off. We did that trip in our motor home a few years ago and are talking about doing it again. We left the first of June and got home the middle of September and still didn't go everywhere. It's hard to imagine how many miles it is until you experience it yourself but it's a trip every one should do. Be sure you have a Milepost book handy, it details about everything along the Alcan highway. If the campground at White River Crossing is still operated by the same guy you have to stop there for a night or two. He has a collection of WWII vehicles and machinery from when the highway was built and he takes you out in an old personnel jeep to show you the bears and the old bridge. He's quite a character. Have a great trip and check in with us now and then when you can get wifi.....Gary
Posted By: Done4 Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 03:31 PM
Congrats to the warden on her escape from the corporate world! 10 to 1 Kevin you will have to trade in that camper for a trailer to bring home the goodies! Safe trip, have fun and keep in touch.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 08:06 PM
If the Wardens' retired,who's running the Asylum? laugh
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 08:13 PM
Congrats on her retirement. I hope you guys have a great trip. It should be a great time to make lots of memories.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 08:48 PM
Congrats to her and enjoy the trip. Life is short, you have enjoy it. Drive safe my friend.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: The Warden Retires!! - Wed Jul 12 2017 09:33 PM
Happy Motoring to you and the Warden Kevin. Have a safe journey!
Posted By: Nicole Re: The Warden Retires!! - Thu Jul 13 2017 12:21 AM
Yeah! Happy dance, happy dance...

Nicole
(Who can't wait to see all the pic's!)
Posted By: Oldgas Re: The Warden Retires!! - Thu Jul 13 2017 02:40 AM
Congrats! This sounds like a great start to her retirement. Have a wonderful and safe trip.
Posted By: steven g Re: The Warden Retires!! - Fri Jul 14 2017 01:13 AM
Have a great trip.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: The Warden Retires!! - Mon Jul 17 2017 03:49 AM
Congrats!!
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: The Warden Retires!! - Thu Jul 20 2017 12:21 AM
Congratulations to the missus !! Safe travels to you. I did a trip to Alaska a few years ago on two wheels, it was awesome.
Enjoy !
Posted By: Steven C. Re: The Warden Retires!! - Thu Aug 03 2017 07:41 AM
Wow! Congratulations to your wife Kevin!! That is wonderful!! And yes, have a safe and fun trip!!

"I am pretty blessed to have a partner that enjoys the same things that I do"
Just so long as they're not displayed on top of the cabinets in the kitchen grin
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: The Warden Retires!! - Thu Sep 14 2017 04:09 PM
So Kevin how was the trip?
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: The Warden Retires!! - Fri Sep 15 2017 03:54 PM
Literally AMAZING! It is certainly something that should be on everyones bucket list!
I've been home about a week now and its been a whirlwind of activity to get all unpacked and put away and try to resume a "normal" life.
I intend to start a thread with trip pictures later on when I start to get a few moments.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: The Warden Retires!! - Fri Sep 15 2017 09:26 PM
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk