Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: powerlube Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Thu Jan 05 2017 06:24 PM
I honestly don't know if anyone has posted this or not. It's thereputic to me I guess. Bob Lowery who used to own Foss Drug, who I sold my first restored pump to when I was 20 and has picked and designed some of the most incredible collections he was a regular buyer at most shows. I think 5 years or more they gave him six months to live. There he was riding a bike or the last show a scooter. The guy never quit and always had a smile. I miss my friend.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Thu Jan 05 2017 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info Scott. I had not heard. A great guy. He filled a truck every year at Iowa Gas. I will always remember him. He took the time to know everyone.

Larry
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Thu Jan 05 2017 08:12 PM
I dont think I knew Bob, sounds like a great man! RIP.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Thu Jan 05 2017 11:07 PM
This hobby will miss him. I talked with him at Iowa Gas and I really admired how he just kept at it! Great guy and very, very knowledgeable!
Posted By: dundign Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Thu Jan 05 2017 11:11 PM
Great guy ! Rest In Peace ..
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Fri Jan 06 2017 01:40 AM
RIP, I didn't know him, but sounded like a great man.
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Fri Jan 06 2017 08:24 AM
I hauled two pumps back to Denver from a Vic's auction in Oklahoma twelve years ago for him. Nice guy. I would go into Foss Drugs just to see the pumps he had in there.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Fri Jan 06 2017 10:07 AM
Bob was a good man and will be missed. Scott, you are right, Bob always had a smile. RIP
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Lost a good one Bob Lowery - Sat Jan 07 2017 01:57 AM
I did not know him and never had the pleasure of meeting him but I've heard stories about him from a friend who also passed away about 3 years ago who bought and sold with him, he always talked about him and his passion for collecting and the amazing stuff he had in his place, I wished I could've met him.
Always hard to loose a fellow collector even if you didn't meet them, the stories we hear about them and their passion for the hobby lives on in all of us.
RIP Mr. Lowery,
and sorry for the loss of your friend Scott it's never easy.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk