Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 60wayne Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Mon Jul 11 2016 02:27 AM
A friend found this sign that I have never seen before. Any info ?

Attached picture IMG_4757.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4758.JPG
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Wed Jul 13 2016 03:57 PM
I don't know anything about it but it's cool!

Brian
Posted By: Rsljr1 Re: Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Wed Jul 13 2016 10:21 PM
may have been used in the rail yard
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Thu Jul 14 2016 12:22 AM
Here's some interesting history on the phrase, read down through the page.

History of Safety First and the railroads.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Thu Jul 14 2016 03:14 AM
That's an interesting article - I vaguely remember Stop Look and Listen, but don't remember where. My memory of this was replaced when we learned in school Stop, Drop and Roll for your clothes catching on fire.

And I was one of those bad kids that put pennies on the track...that article is right, there is a fascination for kids about trains and train tracks. I still wave to the engineer whenever I am stopped at a crossing with a coal train going by. And most of the time they wave back! It's only the fellow drivers that probably wonder what that crazy middle aged woman is doing.lol
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Anyone know anything about this sign ? - Thu Jul 14 2016 12:23 PM
Being a retired tire guy, I'm always on the look out for Goodrich sponsored safety first sign. It is my understanding these were at crossing as reminders. This sign probably as said a yard sign a reminder for workers, but it would also serve the same purpose at a crossing as the sponsored signage did.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk