Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 11:12 AM
Good morning all,
After the hell of the last couple of days, I had a moment this morning so I thought I would take a minute and post this.
The true love of my life, my wonderful blessed Melissa passed away a little before noon on July 4th. She was 46 year old. I can't even put into words how this all feels, but I know now that her hell is over and she is at peace!
If they gave out medals for fighting cancer, there is no question she would be receiving the Medal of Honor for her fight. What I witnessed her have to go through due to treatment these last 10 months is more than any woman should ever have to endure. And she took every bit of it with strength and resolve. I could not be more proud of her! She could be one tough chic I'll tell you!! But in the end her cancer was just far to aggressive and everything we did was just somewhat futile. And by the end there was cancer literally everywhere in her. The final straw being a tumor that had developed on the outside of her heart. And a ticking time bomb blood clot that had formed in the heart that was breaking off pieces causing big troubles. The biggest being a stoke that she had about a week ago making it near impossible for her to walk and taking/changing some of her personality. She was still there and was totally coherent, knew who we were and all that. But it had changed her somewhat.
I, and she did also, truly appreciate all the kind words we received from the Oldgas community through all of this. It all goes a very long way.
Despite it's size and 9 plus billion people, this world is much lesser a place with her passing. She was truly special!
Rest in peace my dear!! I truly cannot wait to be with you again!!

Attached picture melissa (3).jpg
Posted By: Bass Master Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 11:56 AM
Steve,
So SORRY to hear about Melissa!! My PRAYERS to you and your family during this very hard time, I pray that GOD will give you strength and comfort until you are reunited again.
GOD BLESS my Friend, Brian
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 12:02 PM
Steve, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry.
Posted By: archer2 Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 12:07 PM
Steve,

I am so sorry for your loss, cancer is a terrible thing. There are no words I can offer other than you have my most sincere condolences.

Ed
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 12:14 PM
Steve what can one say or write to ease the pain? She was clearly a special lady. May she rest in peace. You can take comfort and remember Melissa with your great memories of her and your time together.
Fred
Posted By: Oldgas Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 12:41 PM
Our prayers are with you, your family and friends. Such a young age to fight that fight and to pass on. Hang in there the best you can.
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 12:44 PM
Steve, prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 01:14 PM
Steve, very sorry to hear of your wifes passing. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: garagejunkie Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 01:47 PM
Steve, Prayers to you from South Dakota.So very sorry to hear of you're loss.
Posted By: nochevys Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 02:25 PM
Steve,
Very Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Posted By: Fasturn402 Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 02:31 PM
Steve,
I can't even imagine the loss you are suffering. Prayers to you and your family.
Robert
Posted By: poleman Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Draw strength from the LORD and truly you can be with her again. My prayers are going out to you and your family. MAY GOD BLESS
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 03:16 PM
Steve: So sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just trust in GOD and HE will see you through....
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 03:45 PM
Oh Jesus; I am so heartbroken to read this... I was hoping and praying that the Radiation and Chemo would work...
Posted By: Nicole Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 04:04 PM
Oh Steve...

What a beautiful and wonderful woman she is. I say is because I know that there is a part of her that will always be with you.

Please do what you can to take care of yourself, for all your friends and family who care for you and wish so much that they could take away your pain, including your OldGas family.

Nicole
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 04:10 PM
So very sorry to hear of your loss Steve, you are in my thoughts during this difficult time.
Darin
Posted By: richlube Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 04:24 PM
steve,i feel your pain brother.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 05:35 PM
My sincere & heartfelt condolences Steve.
Posted By: Done4 Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 06:20 PM
Oh my God, I am so sorry and there is no word that can express my sadness for you and your family. I never met Melissa when you were here with your brother in law and that also now saddens me.

Stay strong Steve and God bless you and your family to stay strong through this difficult time. Rest in peace Melissa.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 07:17 PM
So sorry to hear of your wifes passing. She is in a better place free of the pain. God Bless you and your family through this difficult time.
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 07:56 PM
Steve, so sad to hear this! I lost my wife to cancer at age 49, I know it hurts like heck.

Ever need to talk shoot me a PM.

Prayers.
Posted By: Stu K. Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 07:58 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families at this time. Stay strong.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 08:06 PM
Steve, I am so very sorry for your loss. May Melissa rest in eternal peace.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 08:36 PM
Steve my heart felt sympathy to you and your family. Prayers for all of you in this time of need.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 09:07 PM
Steve, So sorry for your loss. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 06 2016 11:24 PM
Steve, It was sad to read this posting, sounds like she was a great person, and I get that same feeling about you, Sounds like you both were made for each other. So Sad and you are in our thoughts over here. Rick
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 12:30 AM
Really heartbreaking to read this, no words can ease the loss.
May you find peace and comfort in this difficult time.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 01:01 AM
Steve,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss my sincere condolences and prayers to you and your family in these painful times may you all find peace and solace in the memories you have of your wife and best friend in better times, I too have lost family and friends to cancer and it's hard to get past the loss but your friends and family are their for you keep them close in your time of need.

Bob
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 01:11 AM
I just read this and am heartbroken for you Steve. God's peace be with you...Gary
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 01:30 AM
Steve.... Wow, My heart goes out to you and your family. May she rest in peace. Stay strong buddy.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 03:05 AM
Steve--Words to express myself are very difficult, so I continued with my feelings in the PM we have shared. God bless you and your family!
Posted By: advertologist Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 03:26 AM
Steve,
I'm so sorry- my condolences, RIP Melissa .. ... cool
Posted By: JimT Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 08:31 AM
Steve-I dont know what to say...Im sorry for you guys. Your in my and Julies thoughts and prayers..
Posted By: KYGULF Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 12:02 PM
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about Melissa. Prayers sent up for comfort during this time.

Brian
Posted By: redindianguy Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 03:20 PM
My deepest sympathy from the North Steve . This is so sad , what a beautiful woman . Peace to you .
Posted By: TJammer Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 04:46 PM
Steve...To lose someone you love, is the hardest thing one can go through. My heartfelt condolences goes out to you and your family. Just know that your beloved Melissa is in a peaceful place now.
Posted By: shawn Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 07:02 PM
Steve, I couldn't imagine what you are going through. A very nice tribute you gave to a very strong and pretty lady. So sorry for your loss
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 07:19 PM
Steve, I'm very sorry...
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 07:24 PM
Steve , keeping you and family in my prayers as well. ...Sorry to hear this.
Posted By: AZ_66_Native Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 07:30 PM
Steve...My deepest sympathy and condolences.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 11:38 PM
Terrible to hear, nothing worse than an inner family death. A mate of so many years is irreplaceable. Very sorry to hear. May god give you all the strength that is needed.
Posted By: bmclemore Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 07 2016 11:40 PM
Sorry to hear this, condolences sent.
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 03:45 AM
Steve, so sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to you & your family.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 09:37 AM
Steve
Very sorry for your loss Thoughts and prayers for you and your family
Bill
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 10:43 AM
Reading this just brought tears to my eyes. Praying for you and your family.
Continue to reach out to God and others as it helps with healing.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 02:59 PM
So sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, your family and friends at this most difficult time.
Posted By: Ron Cabanayan Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 04:32 PM
My deepest and most sincere condolences to you. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 08 2016 07:51 PM
So very sorry for your loss Steve.
Posted By: blacktee Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 01:39 AM
Steve I just hear the news. I'm so sorry Brother. Please let me know if you need anything. God Speed Melissa

Doug
Posted By: CircaDesigns Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 12:55 PM
Steve, Sorry to hear about your loss. You have my prayers and deepest sympathy.
God Bless,
Dan
Posted By: LOWright Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 12:55 PM
Prayers for you and your family Steve...So sorry..
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 06:41 PM
So sorry for your loss Steve. Prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: eric grinder Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 11:04 PM
Steve, so sorry for your loss. Cancer took my Dad also, it's a terrible thing. Our thoughts are with you.
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: The Love of My Life. - Sat Jul 09 2016 11:19 PM
Steve,

So sorry to hear the SAD news about Melissa's passing. You have my sincere condolences.

I can only imagine the loss you are suffering because I have been there. Then, I was told:"You must remain strong".

You must do the same.

Hen
Posted By: Mike M. Re: The Love of My Life. - Wed Jul 13 2016 12:32 PM
Steve, I know that everything has been said by others that I could put in this message and there is nothing anyone could say to take what your feeling away so please just know that Joanne and I will keep you in our prayers to hopefully give you strength to get up everyday and survive on all the great memories of your Melissa.
Posted By: John L. Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 14 2016 01:29 AM
Steve,

I just saw this post and I wanted to extend my heart felt sympathy. Words won't ease the pain you're going thru. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

John
Posted By: Steven C. Re: The Love of My Life. - Thu Jul 14 2016 12:53 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the kind words!!! It means a lot and helps very much!!
I really don't know what else to say about all this. Like so many have said, there are just no words for this kind of pain and loss!!
Thanks again to everyone!
Posted By: Robert77 Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 15 2016 04:41 PM
I just saw this post, So sorry to hear of the loss of your wife Steve. I know from your previous posts that she had fought a long, hard battle.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: The Love of My Life. - Fri Jul 15 2016 05:26 PM
Steve,

I am so very sorry to hear about Melissa. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself, your friends and family. My deepest regrets to you and your loved ones.

You a are a great person for being by her side for her long fight, which as we all know made her more comfortable as she fought through this.

I know too many people who have gone through similar situations and it is more difficult than words can describe.

Again, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Steve B.
Posted By: dalin Re: The Love of My Life. - Sun Jul 17 2016 05:03 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: The Love of My Life. - Mon Jul 18 2016 12:51 AM
I Just read this post as I have not been on the old gas site very much lately.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.There are no words that could be expressed that will ease your pain at this time.All I can say is may God Bless you and your family and may your faith and memories sustain you and yours as you heal. I am So very sorry to hear of your loss.
Posted By: goneweild Re: The Love of My Life. - Sun Sep 16 2018 08:49 PM
Sorry for your loss.CANCER SUCK!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk