Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dave's Garage Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 01:13 AM
The high bidder on this is going to be disappointed when they discover it's not porcelain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PORCELAI...N-/111006900397
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 01:17 AM
Nice sign though.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 01:17 AM
Oh yeah this will be an interesting package to receive for the buyer... Sad thing is they probably don't know the difference.
Posted By: Rust and Dust Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 03:02 AM
The seller wont show the close up of the corner that says 1972. Lol
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Rust and Dust

Even worse!! I think that's a 4, not a 2!
Posted By: Rudy Owens Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 11:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Rust and Dust

All you have to do is click on "Click to View Image Album" link below the photo's in his auction and you can clearly see the sign is dated 1974.

I would say the person listing the sign is mistaken in calling the sign porcelain. Did any of you write to him and try to explain to him the sign was not really porcelain? Depending on the tone of the message, the person listing may have been willing to listen and change the listing
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Quaker State sign....someone's overpaying. - Wed Feb 06 2013 01:37 PM
Maybe the buyer wont know the difference......seems to me that about 25% of people buying and selling signs cant tell the difference.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk