Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 08:34 PM

Another fake Mobil Pegasus listing. Mods please do not move or remove this, more people need to see this listing and know about this scam.
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 09:16 PM
So much for not moving, didn't even send me a message either! I guess In a few weeks when someone posts they got scammed I'll just say, I tried to warn you!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 09:25 PM
This topic has been beat to death here on oldgas. Yet these horses keep showing up on ebay. No amount of posts "warning" about these is going to stop the sale of them. You are wasting your time.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 10:01 PM
Okay,I copy and paste that auction number,and I'm coming up with a good looking cookie cutter?Now I don't agree with the value he posts in the description,but what's the problem with the horse?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: TheRoyalCrown
Another fake Mobil Pegasus listing. Mods please do not move or remove this, more people need to see this listing and know about this scam.

WRONG
This is NOT a T-53 Pay attention!
Only thing wrong about this auction is IF it doesn't sell for $2500, seller Cancels Auction & it will be RE-LISTED AGAIN.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 10:38 PM
Sorry but when you blow the whistle, you want to make sure you're right! This is definitely an original porcelain "cookie cutter" and a pretty nice one at that! If I lived within driving distance, I'd already be on my way to pick it up!
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 10:55 PM
There are obviously those who do not know about this scam, as seen from these posts. It's the $2500 BIN email me part. The seller keeps changing user IDs and the font of the part of the BIN is just like a Craigslist scam for a $15,000 car for $1900. I haven't emailed the guy nor do I want to. If you do I'm 100% sure he will say send payment to India or somewhere like that! He steals legitimate photos and descriptions and inserts his BS!
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:06 PM
READ THE DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW MUCH OF A SCAM THIS IS! IT SPELLS IT OUT FOR YOU PLAIN AS DAY HES COPYING AND PASTING. "NO DEALS CUT OUTSIDE OF EBAY" "RESERVE IS FIRM"
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:07 PM
Even says its in Lafayette, Louisiana, which is nowhere near new York, ***** that's 45 minutes from me id be on my way there to pick it up.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:08 PM
How can you be 100 % sure if you haven't even talked to him?
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:09 PM
^
|
|
|
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:11 PM
I'll be GLAD when schools start again, maybe some students will pay attention this year.
Posted By: moore798 Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:15 PM
MAYBE wink
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:29 PM
He who cries WOLF often looses Creditability soon!

State & Stay with the Facts w/o taking it Personal, more will have a tendency to Believe you.
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Tue Aug 07 2012 11:54 PM
Will do. I don't like to see anyone get taken.
Posted By: Jamie P Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 12:03 AM
And he will ship the sign in an envelope.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 12:04 AM
TheRoyalCrown is right. This sign and scam was mentioned a few weeks ago. http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=338715#Post338715
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 12:12 AM
Ok,and thank you.helping others with spotting these types of deals is greatly appreciated.but it helps to be more specific.i do appreciate the warning.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 12:46 AM
Help me out here, please...

Scott's post relates to a Pegasus that is marked T-54 and has one chip behind the front legs... (I am basing my statement on the auction # 110863048110, that Ed Steagall typed in)

The Royalcrown post is about a Pegasus that IS NOT MARKED T-54, has numerous chips, has different painted details (check the front legs for the most obvious differences) # 140820168437

I know I am old and some think I should be quiet... But, please explain to me how 2 different Pegasus makes anything a scam?
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 04:06 AM
This has nothing to do with a Pegasus. This has to do with the seller. He is a scam artist that takes eBay accounts and takes someone else's old Pegasus listing, inserts his buy it now for $2500 BS, then waits for the bait to be taken. The Pegasus he uses is completely legit. If you read the description it's plain as day this is a scam.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 04:41 AM
It looks as if the listing was pulled...

So thank you for looking out for myself and the others on Oldgas.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: REPORT THIS TO EBAY: SCAM ALERT - Wed Aug 08 2012 06:11 AM
Hopefully, the listing wasn't ended because he baited someone.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk