Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hud Oil Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 01:28 AM
What is everyones take on item #290353812182 Sampson Mutal sign??
Is this for real, this is the second one I've seen, and none of them have groments and the backs look a little odd??
Posted By: roadrelics Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 01:55 AM
Wendall, this is no good, its from one of the repo kings "Bruce Haddle"..They have been popping up at swap meets like Brimfield etc.etc.
Posted By: Mattgas Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 02:20 AM
I never seen one till about 6 months ago. I have seen five since then. Friend purchase one at Ad Show in the spring. I didnt think it was right. Now I know. Dan
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 09:10 AM
There was one at Mason Dixon this year. I tried to buy it but it was sold allready. The original buyer backed out and it was offered to me again. After some careful consideration I decided it was "no good" It was being offered for 850.00 I almost got fooled. Just goes to show you,you need to be very careful. Ask lots of questions,and don't be afraid to ask fellow collectors. There is too much of this ***** starting to show up,and it is being faked too well.
Posted By: roadrelics Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 11:03 AM
Wendall. forgot to mention that you can probably find one at Hershey....I'll see you,Dan & John there soon...DT
Posted By: DP Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 05:05 PM
That does look real. A much better fake than the argentina stuff.
It's getting hard to know what's real anymore. Especially for just the average guy.
Posted By: Hud Oil Re: Sampson, Mutal Sign - Wed Sep 30 2009 09:54 PM
appreciate all the input from everyone, kind of thought that, emailed the seller and he wasn't really friendly, when I mentioned it might be a reproduction
Wendell
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk