Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Scott Baselt Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Sat Sep 08 2007 02:52 AM
Ebay # 260157901852 as far as I know ALL 25 1/2" signs are reproduction. If I'm wrong I know someone will set me straight:-)
Posted By: Pablo Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Sat Sep 08 2007 03:30 AM
Of course that Signal sign is fake!! (These dumb or dishonest sellers always have to state "Not a reproduction".) However, if you want one it's certainly worth 5 bucks. These signs used to sell at shows for $50-$60.
Posted By: Seth Robbins Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Sat Sep 08 2007 11:15 AM
http://www.vicsplace.com/store.php?section=1&catid=331&id=3539
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Wed Sep 12 2007 01:15 PM
Up to $490.77 and 2 days to go. Seth you need to up your price. No way to warn potential buyers. That sucks. Ted

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield

[This message has been edited by troach (edited 09-12-2007).]
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Wed Sep 12 2007 09:41 PM
Just emailed seller stating buyer WILL BE PI**ED when they find out it's a REPO.
As with others, probably won't change anything.
MAYBE IF they get enough emails stating such, they will end auction or description.
db
Posted By: Pablo Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Wed Sep 12 2007 09:50 PM
db,
Apparently, the seller isn't going to do anything. I emailed him with the full story on those baked enamel repop signs and that he should add this info to the auction description. He emailed back with a simple "thanks" but nothing has been changed on the auction. I'm sure he's out for top $$$ and doesn't care that it's a fake.

Paul
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Thu Sep 13 2007 02:12 PM
Check it out!!!!

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Thu Sep 13 2007 03:19 PM
Good job, Ted!!! I don't know if these bidders will get the message but there's not much else you can do under this new eBay format which doesn't show the bidder IDs.
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Thu Sep 13 2007 03:51 PM
Ingenius ploy Ted, and I salute you. BUT...I bet Feebay cancels the auction. I'm sure you have violated some fine print policy they have and if not, they will make one up. They have to protect sellers at all cost since that's where the money is. Forget integrity and some unknowing "newbie" getting burned. Best of luck on the idea though.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Thu Sep 13 2007 10:38 PM
Starting bid 666 Nice touch!! LOL
Good going Ted. I love it. I did warn the high bidder when the price was low & the names were listed.
Posted By: Mike60585 Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 01:03 AM
ding dong the auctions dead. The pressure worked. Great job guys.
The seller has too much to lose selling this sign knowing it is a repo. Seems to have a good business going. Just needed a little push.
Now what to do to get Mr Argentina listening?

Ted,
I will stop by to pick up my repo sign when I win your auction. Trying to avoid your shipping charges.
Just kidding. Great job.

[This message has been edited by MT60544 (edited 09-13-2007).]
Posted By: rd_signs Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 02:56 AM
Did you see Ebay# 250161098917 That is making fun of the Argentina FAKE signs? I think it is great, hope old "candyshop" saw it. RD
Posted By: gasgeezer Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 12:32 PM
I hope candyshop didnt see it. Then when he starts getting the backs done right what do you have??........Les
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 12:55 PM
Yep got pulled. Here is the BS story.

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

200152375184 - Original Signal Sign MINT NR

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Circumvention of eBay Fees policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Shipping costs: US $250.00
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Service to United States

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.
So I just have to watch how much I charge for shipping. No problem.
Ted

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 01:01 PM
Well what happened here. We just cover it up or what? These guys should go to work for the CIA.
Ted http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260157901852&ru=http%3A%2F% 2Fsearch.ebay.com%
The new auction. Did we win????? http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-SIGNAL-BRAND-GASOLINE-OIL-SIGN_W0QQitemZ260160261707QQihZ016QQcateg
------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.

[This message has been edited by troach (edited 09-14-2007).]
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 03:05 PM
i'd say you won ted,he's is clearly stating that he doesnt know if its real or not and not saying"not a repro,the real mcoy"anyone bidding should have the common sense to realize it may not be original key words here are "common sense"heck i may even bid on it if i can get it for 10-15 bucks!
Posted By: SuperAmerica Man Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Fri Sep 14 2007 04:15 PM
Is this a good example where someone should pay with a Credit Card through Paypal? Couldn’t you possibly fight it depending on the words used in the listing description?

Kim

------------------
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Signal Gasoline.....fake? - Wed Sep 19 2007 01:10 PM
Did pretty good honestly listed. Ted http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260160261707&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=016

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk