Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: advertologist seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 12:03 AM
hammer down: 389.51 .. ... cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371664577094
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 12:10 AM
Unbelievable!!!! I went up to $165; because of the condition... In my wildest nightmares, did I ever consider; that this Hat Badge would go for almost $400...
Posted By: advertologist Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 12:18 AM
condition not the best but has rarity .. ... cool
Posted By: SourSam Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 01:36 AM
what's funny is that the "crazy" high bidders are probably members of this site

(fyi, not me, but, if you see sunoco stuff go crazy high its probably because of me, haha)
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 03:02 AM
I'm the lunatic who bought it. My grandfather owned a Seaside station and I've been looking for one of these hat badges for 30 years. If anyone has one in better condition and wants to sell it, please let me know .. wink
Posted By: 63shelby Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 03:55 AM
400 Is not much to pay for a cool item...add the family history and time looking for one and it's a no brainier !!! Happy you got it Dennis !!

Originally Posted By pumpingethyl
I'm the lunatic who bought it. My grandfather owned a Seaside station and I've been looking for one of these hat badges for 30 years. If anyone has one in better condition and wants to sell it, please let me know .. wink
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 04:03 AM
Thanks Pete
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 04:05 AM
Glad you got it, Dennis!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 04:11 AM
Originally Posted By Bob Richards
Glad you got it, Dennis!

Thanks Bob
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 06:32 AM
Dennis,

Congrats on getting the badge.

It amazes me that you were not able to find this badge of all gas bashes you have attended over the years. Could it be that you never came across one because an early bird beat you to it?

I know of a collector that told me if were not for eBay, he would have never completed his cast iron toy collection. He only collects RARE + pristine 10 condition toys.
He also mentioned that he had to step up to the plate ...

Hen
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 10:43 AM
One sold in a past Mathews auction for $1800 so I think you did ok...
Rare as Hen's teeth....😬Hen Dennis is the Early Bird... LoL. Jim
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 01:20 PM
Thanks guys....I'm very happy to add it to the collection and hopefully I can upgrade one day
Posted By: Steven C. Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 01:35 PM
Originally Posted By hancock-oil
One sold in a past Mathews auction for $1800

shocked Wow shocked that seems a big number for such a thing to me. This hobby is always a surprise.
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Fri Jul 01 2016 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By hancock-oil
One sold in a past Mathews auction for $1800 so I think you did ok...
Rare as Hen's teeth....😬Hen Dennis is the Early Bird... LoL. Jim

Jim,

That is what thought! LOL!

That should be rule #1 for the newbies if they want to put together the Best-of-the-Best. Give up the BED & join the early Bird folks.

That is one thing I have never been able to do in 30 years of collecting!
Posted By: SourSam Re: seaside oil company hat badge - Sun Jul 24 2016 09:23 PM
[quote=Bob Richards] Glad you got it, Dennis! [/quote]

From "wildest nightmares" to "glad you got it . . . " in no time. Interesting, haha.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk