Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Let er' Buck Minute Man Conoco Can - Wed Mar 27 2013 12:19 AM
I posted this in the B.O.T.W section and had quite a few of offers to buy it should I ever want to sell it,
To everyone who asked thanks for the offers and if I decide to sell/trade I'll keep you all in mind first.

But what I want most now is to learn about the history of these cans like when were they made and how many different kinds were there?

Any info would be helpful and any other pictures would be awesome if you don't want to post them here please pm them to me. (they will not be shared or used for anything)

Thanks Bob.

Here are pics of all the sides of the can I have.

Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Minute Man Conoco Can - Wed Mar 27 2013 01:27 AM
Beautiful can! Pristine , the way I like them and don't very often find them.Thank's for letting us look at it.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Minute Man Conoco Can - Wed Mar 27 2013 12:46 PM
There are many different kinds of cans Bob, from motor oil, transmission grease, auto grease, handy oil to floor oil. They also came in different sizes. There is a variation of the cans with a striped background. I do believe this was their earliest version and are quite a bit harder to find. The minuteman logo on the cans and signs dates from 1929 and earlier but I'm not sure when they first appeared....mm
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk