Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Thu Dec 03 2020 03:14 AM
Hello Petro fans!
This is my latest YouTube video. Please take the 22 minutes to watch the entire video. This is an informative video.

Enjoy,
Your friend Rob

https://youtu.be/TrPgtJiJKzg

Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Thu Dec 03 2020 04:34 AM
You got that right, takes Lots of man hours to get some of those top layers of paint off.. Good video !!
Posted By: advertologist Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Thu Dec 03 2020 04:39 AM
[quote=Gas Pump Rob] This is an informative video.

very informative - keep the videos coming .. ... cool
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Thu Dec 03 2020 02:57 PM
Thanks guys! Here are a couple of closeup pictures of the finished globe body.

Attached picture E75493A3-93D9-41DB-ABDD-2ADCC2001EAC.jpeg
Attached picture 5139FB4C-0B00-4D75-883F-E0FFD15FF493.jpeg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Mon Dec 07 2020 02:20 AM
Just watched this. Great info. It would be cool to try and do a whole flaming pump paint job. It would be a lot of work.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Wed Dec 09 2020 01:55 AM
nice rob!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Fri Dec 11 2020 04:57 AM
Matt,
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing!!! It would be fun just to light a pump on fire in general!! Then video it lol!!!

Rob
Posted By: fuelboy Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Sun Dec 13 2020 01:09 PM
Pretty cool! It definitely takes a lot of steps to duplicate what mother nature does in years to paint and metal.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Sun Dec 13 2020 02:32 PM
Very very cool!!! Love the final look on that globe!! I'll be trying this!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Sun Dec 20 2020 05:16 AM
Originally Posted by fuelboy
Pretty cool! It definitely takes a lot of steps to duplicate what mother nature does in years to paint and metal.

Yes it does!!! It’s amazing what we do to try an recreate aged looking paint. Matt Alverez had some incredible tricks that he uses.

Rob
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: New How To Video Reveal and Create Patina - Sun Dec 20 2020 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by Steven C.
Very very cool!!! Love the final look on that globe!! I'll be trying this!

Please post a picture of how yours turned out if you do try this technique.

Thanks,
Rob
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk